Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks into the new truck and I love everything about it. Hearing the turbos spool up is pretty intimidating. I'm not sure I could give it up even for a v8 sound, it really is that awesome. The only other turbo I've owned was a 300z in high school and it didn't sound near as mean.

3 things I wish it had. 1. A setting to auto-fold your mirrors when you park 2. A little LED that illuminates your center console box when you open it. LED bed light switch in a different place because it's hard to reach with my bed extender folded back toward the cab or folded against the bed.

PMR...do some research about forscan over in the f150 form and you find your answer for the auto fold mirrors along with numerous other changes you can make. It's all possible if you turn it all on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PMR...do some research about forscan over in the f150 form and you find your answer for the auto fold mirrors along with numerous other changes you can make. It's all possible if you turn it all on.

I will thank you!

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Mine has a little led light inside. Although truth be told, it's not very bright at all, almost useless.

I guess I have that too but it only illuminates the bottom of the console. I can't see what's on the shelf. I was thinking a little light on the lid that shines down when it's horn would be ideal.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A couple more nit picks.

1) 5 point turns. Yeah, this thing is not maneuverable. One of the more challenging vehicles to park that I’ve owned. The biggest I’ve owned, was my 1971 Olds 98; 21’8” as I recall. I got used to parking that so I’ll find a way to become more parking proficient with the Raptor.

2) My driveway isn’t wide enough for the Raptor and another vehicle beside it. The driveway was fine before with 2 mid size sedan type cars, now, not so much. Any my wife is still recovering from a knee surgery so she kind of has to get the closer spot. So both right tires of my Raptor are in the grass. Yeah, I should just widen the driveway... OTOH, it does seem a little ironic to add pavement for such an off-road capable vehicle...

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love everything about the truck with the exception of the brakes. The brakes suck!

Monsoon Chopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, time for me to chime in.

Suspension - Saved my life, because I fell asleep on way home picking it up and woke up in median doing 80. It handled the off-road graciously and with control.
Interior - Very happy with interior. Tons of space, comfortable seats (1k mile trip home proved that), technology is great, noise level is great - both in full throttle and cruising speeds, visibility is great, love the mirrors do not have the small fisheye mirror like other Fords (I personally hate them), Apple CarPlay, Stereo is ok but much room for improvement.
Exterior - what can I say but it's awesome!
Drivability - Have had for 2 weeks now. First drive was a 1k mlle trip home with the first 600 miles in a 20 - 30 MPH headwind. Truck drove flawlessly. After breaking in, i found myself driving at 100 - 105MPH at times, and felt like i was doing 60.Was very impressed. Around town, I thought it would feel bigger than it actually is. Drives very nimble for its size. Acceleration is great! Parking can sometimes be a bitch, but I blame the developers who designed the parking lot for that. Tiny spaces = park far away. Not an issue for me.
Verdict: Love it!

Dislikes:
Brakes - could be better. I think they should have gone to an 18" wheel with bigger brakes. But not a deal-breaker for me.
Antenna - Don't understand why cars can receive FM perfectly without an antenna and we get a 3 foot one! I swapped mine out for a 13". Hated it banging around when I parked in my garage.
Wheel Wells: I have AG, I wish they would have painted the wells with a bed spray material.
Double Honk: When existing truck with FOB. Scares the crap out of everyone. But can be changed.
License Plate Lights: Only Non-LED light on the whole truck, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. But there is a thread on replacing it, which I will.
Front Impact Collision: This is a great feature, but it startles me which can cause me to have an accident. It is a feature that can be turned off.
Auto Start/Stop: Have to turn off every time I go some where.
Camera: Displays 360 degree depending if you're going backwards or forward. I would rather the camera default to full back camera when backing up, rather than the 360 degree view. Press camera button once, and it corrects it, but would rather have it as a default.
Verdict: Can live with these dislikes!

Overall: There's very minimal dislikes on this Raptor. I went from a 2016 Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged to this, and the ride is fairly close. Land Rovers are probably the best riding vehicle period, so I was really surprised. I wanted the factory hard tonneau cover, but installed the Bakflip MX4, which I think is the OEM Ford cover, and love it. You don't have to lift up the end to shut tailgate with this model. And fit and finish is great!

I love my Raptor, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. And constantly getting questions asked or compliments. If you don't like attention, this is not the vehicle for you.

Very happy and satisfied is my conclusion. Nothing more needs to be said.

Raptor.jpg

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My only complains is not being able to use the factory nav / map display when plugged into iPhone for CarPlay. It forces to use apple maps.
Can't figure out how to change that.
On the vw I traded in. I was able to use factory nav and it would display texts , calls etc.

40b4759a793292e97e07f9a7db28f2ae.jpg

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only complains is not being able to use the factory nav / map display when plugged into iPhone for CarPlay. It forces to use apple maps.
On the vw I traded in. I was able to use factory nav and it would display texts , calls etc.

I thought that was weird too.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

40b4759a793292e97e07f9a7db28f2ae.jpg

I have CarPlay on the Super Duty and if I open Google Maps on my phone I'm almost positive it shows up on the Nav. I know for sure it gives voice commands. I hate Apple Maps.

Nevermind...I just finished reading the rest of your post. I'm an idiot. Carry on...