Gen 2 Factory Beadlock Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LBRaptor1

Reaction score
So I was going to order the factory beadlock wheels for my Gen2 but would like a little more info on them. Are these true beadlocks? And if they are is it okay to drive these around on the streets for daily use since I've heard that beadlocks are not street legal.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but like the GEN1 BL, they are TRUE beadlocks. BUT you have to buy the beadlock rings with hardware to convert them over. And I believe these are the only BLs that are certified at street legal.

I see plenty of Raptors with BLs that I bet never see the dirt. And on the Gen2, they have become a very expensive option.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Are these true beadlocks?
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-F15RB

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-1021-F15RB.PDF

Warning: Converting bead-lock compatible wheels to true bead-locks is for off-road use only.
On road driving NOT permitted.

Warning: Ford Performance advises using bead-lock rings w/OEM tires.
DON'T EXCEED 44 PSI!
Any other combination may result in air loss/tire failure.

Single ring assembly = 10lbs per wheel

Screenshot (27)_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The wheels are Bead Lock CAPABLE...you purchase the kit consisting of true BL rings and all the correct hardware...and remount the tires on the wheels and install the real BL rings..

Legal?....this has been covered on another thread, but the officers have no idea it's technically illegal.
If I was looking at running BL wheels, I wouldn't worry at all about the police on this one...

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of the specs of the wheel weight of the new beadlocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of the specs of the wheel weight of the new beadlocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
37lbs without the true bed lock ring. I have 4 brand new factory wheels for sale if you want them?

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Legal?....this has been covered on another thread, but the officers have no idea it's technically illegal.
If I was looking at running BL wheels, I wouldn't worry at all about the police on this one...

I have the beadlock capable wheels and really want to buy the conversion rings for my truck. But the legality aspect is keeping me away. I have no concerns at all about being ticketed driving on them every day, but to me the risk is if I get in an accident because a tire blows out or something, the investigation is going to lead to the beadlock conversion. Right or wrong I don't want the risk right now.