Gen 1 Whipple Super charged vs stock Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breeks

Reaction score
It's the same on every truck or car forum when new gen replaces old gen.
Same old shit just different vehicles.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line is you have to buy a gen 1 and throw in another 50k+ to lose by only a car length to a Gen2. Meanwhile your truck will breakdown endlessly and it won't drive anywhere near as good as a Gen2.

Worth?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is you have to buy a gen 1 and throw in another 50k+ to lose by only a car length to a Gen2. Meanwhile your truck will breakdown endlessly and it won't drive anywhere near as good as a Gen2.

Worth?

$50k what lol?

d5c2e0b5125a4744d08f70456ed7360e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Worth?

You have to be kidding, right?

first and foremost, drag racing in the sand without paddles is quite possible the dumbest measuring stick - it literally boils down to whoever has better throttle control and traction - power is almost irrelevant because spinning with 450hp is no more effective than spinning with 411hp

second, since when does a 7k blower cost 43k to install?

third, please feel free to link all the gen 1 breakdowns you are referring to, I'll wait.

Lastly,

Gen 1 = 50-60k
Gen 2 = 60-70k

300lbs lighter is roughly equal to a 30hp advantage (widely accepted equation 100lbs ~= 10hp)

performance wise
a 450hp Gen 2 is roughly equal to a 480hp Gen1

suspension wise
aftermarket 3.0s are better than factory 3.0s - not even debatable

ergo

a gen 1 with headers, exhaust and a tune (475hp) and 3.0 shocks is within the driver skill difference of a gen 2. given that a Gen 1 will have ~490tq with h/e/t, it is at a slight(~20) tq disadvantage.

last time I checked, it isn't 10 grand for headers, exhaust, tune and 3.0s for a Gen 1.

I'm a big fan of the Gen 2 Raptor but it's a truck just like the Gen 1. You don't have a Ford GT engine, you don't have a 2jz, or an rb26dett. vin diesel isn't your co-pilot. there is literally nothing on a gen 2 that can't easily be overcome with ANY other F150, let alone a Raptor. A gen 1 with 50k in modifications would shit all over a stock gen 2.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I agree with you, Gen2 is far and away better than Gen1.