Gen 1 and gen 2 hp/tq overlay graph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting how the 6.2 Ford compares to the Chibby and Dudge... The ford is not as torquey as the Chibby, but it also doesn't experience piston slap over 3,500 RPMs or flat cams from cylinder deactivation...

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
French Canadian is my guess.

Don’t bag on the guy for speaking another language. He probably speaks decent broken English, but maybe doesn’t read and write it very well.

All he was trying to see is that it would be a cool comparison to load the gen 2 up with 500lbs...
Similar to the gen 1.... and then race them and see if the speed difference is mostly from
The weight savings or the ecoboost platform.
I’m guessing he would like to do it but hasn’t found someone to do it with.

It’s a cool idea.

He bought a Raptor... paid the bucks for it... and those bucks went to Ford... who is a US manufacturer. So good for him for helping us out.

He's 'French' per one of his other cryptic posts.

chucker

Reaction score
It would also be cool to take Bugatti Veyron and flatten all the tires and race a Raptor. Its the weight difference that adds to why the GEN 2 is better. You cant handicap vehicles to make them even ....that makes no sense.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
French Canadian is my guess.

Don’t bag on the guy for speaking another language.

That's my take on it... his English is better than my French will ever be.

As easy as it is to ridicule those who butcher our language, I know plenty of folks who speak only English and still manage to mangle the shit out of it.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that graph there is ZERO, ZERO comparison. In racing we really focus on this, total area under the torque curve. That 3.5 is smoking the crap out of those other engine options. Not even remotely close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk