gen 1 2014 SVT dome and cargo lights stay on too long

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myraw

Reaction score
Hello all - sorry for the (maybe) dumb question but our dome lights and cargo lights stay on for at least 10 minutes after we leave truck, sometimes they take a long time going off after we even start to drive. Sometimes they go off after a minute or two. Not consistent. We live in a mountain community, and have problems on and off with batteries dying and not sure if it is altitude (6500 ft) plus cold (really cold) affecting this. Cannot find anywhere why this happens. Any help would be appreciated. We went out the other morning and every vehicle was completely dead. 4 vehicles dead. If someone has had this problem or knows we would appreciate the help. It's a 2014 SVT 6.2 gen 1.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a bad door lock module, however usually it would give you a door open report, but the only reason it stays on is because a door is open. but without a door open report, i am not 100% sure

OP
OP
M

myraw

Reaction score
Thank you for getting back to me. There is usually a door open report on the dash, but of course there is no door open. This started when my husband sprayed door latch with WD40. Now, the lights stay on for at least 10 minutes after shutting off truck. Where we are it seems batteries wear down very fast any opportunity they have. How do we fix the lights, would you know?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for getting back to me. There is usually a door open report on the dash, but of course there is no door open. This started when my husband sprayed door latch with WD40. Now, the lights stay on for at least 10 minutes after shutting off truck. Where we are it seems batteries wear down very fast any opportunity they have. How do we fix the lights, would you know?
You’ll need to find out which door switch/circuit has failed and is keeping the lights on/modules powered up. If you jump the door ajar circuits together and the message goes away, the latch is faulty.