Geisers, Deaver +3s, RPG Bumps and 37s (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What part of N. Houston are you in? I've been back on forth on multiple options and would love to see yours in person if at all possible. I live in Montgomery area

Post up your questions here or start a new thread. I am sure someone will be able to answer all your questions.

If you really want to talk to an expert on Raptor modifications in the N. Houston area, I suggest stopping by Miller Offroad Design in Spring. He did all of my work, plus many, many other Gen 1s and Gen 2s over the years. (as well as non-Raptors)

The easiest way to contact Shaun is through his Facebook page or stopping by his shop in person. (Which is exactly what I did...)

https://www.facebook.com/MillerPerformanceEngineering/

Tyler725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post up your questions here or start a new thread. I am sure someone will be able to answer all your questions.

If you really want to talk to an expert on Raptor modifications in the N. Houston area, I suggest stopping by Miller Offroad Design in Spring. He did all of my work, plus many, many other Gen 1s and Gen 2s over the years. (as well as non-Raptors)

The easiest way to contact Shaun is through his Facebook page or stopping by his shop in person. (Which is exactly what I did...)

https://www.facebook.com/MillerPerformanceEngineering/

I’ll look into them. There’s a couple shops I’ve used on previous trucks that I’ll probably stick with. I more so just wanted to get an idea visually but no worries. I have a good idea on the route I want to go. Appreciate it. Starting a thread is useless as there are enough threads on the subject and don’t need another one started.

Appreciate it.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats your ride height from the ground to the fender front and rear?

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whats your ride height from the ground to the fender front and rear?

I posted this in another thread, but I guess I never added it to mine...

I am at 44" in the rear and 43 1/4" in the front which gives me a 3/4" rake.

Last edited:

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you measure the highest part of the truck. I want to see if it would fit in my garage.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you measure the highest part of the truck. I want to see if it would fit in my garage.

My truck sits right at 81" to the highest point. I have 10' ceilings and 8' doors in my garage so it fits just fine.

If you have 7' doors, it might be tight depending on how far down the opener and associated hardware are mounted.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can replace the wood beam with steel if needed. Thanks, I will check when I get home this weekend.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Geiser and Deaver+3 springs. I was very worried about the ride becoming too sfiff, but that definitely is not an issue. The truck definitely does not have as much body roll and the ride might be a tad stiffer on-road, but nothing noticeable. As for ride improvements, I can't speak for off-road use because I have not had a chance to give that a shot, but I don't see the huge improvements that everybody else has talked about for on-road...... maybe 20% better? That said, I am very pleased that I will now be able to fit 37" tires on the truck which was my main reason for doing the upgrade. If anybody else really wants 37s and is tight on money, I would suggest just doing the Geiser springs in the front and staying stock in the rear. I don't think you would be too unhappy with that setup and could add the Geiser springs later. I gained 2.5 inches up front and one inch in the rear. Hopefully I do not experience too much sag with either set of springs as they settle.

All that said, I would still love to have another two inches of lift to get a certain look. Am I going to start breaking things, or wearing them out much sooner, if I add Geiser's two inch leveling kit to the front and two inch lift blocks to the rear? Can the changes that I am suggesting be done? Per my understanding, the ride should remain about the same except for the ill effects of raising the center of gravity, but I'm not sure if the other components, especially those on the front, can hold up with another two inches of lift added. Thoughts?

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Geiser and Deaver+3 springs. I was very worried about the ride becoming too sfiff, but that definitely is not an issue. The truck definitely does not have as much body roll and the ride might be a tad stiffer on-road, but nothing noticeable. As for ride improvements, I can't speak for off-road use because I have not had a chance to give that a shot, but I don't see the huge improvements that everybody else has talked about for on-road...... maybe 20% better? That said, I am very pleased that I will now be able to fit 37" tires on the truck which was my main reason for doing the upgrade. If anybody else really wants 37s and is tight on money, I would suggest just doing the Geiser springs in the front and staying stock in the rear. I don't think you would be too unhappy with that setup and could add the Geiser springs later. I gained 2.5 inches up front and one inch in the rear. Hopefully I do not experience too much sag with either set of springs as they settle.

All that said, I would still love to have another two inches of lift to get a certain look. Am I going to start breaking things, or wearing them out much sooner, if I add Geiser's two inch leveling kit to the front and two inch lift blocks to the rear? Can the changes that I am suggesting be done? Per my understanding, the ride should remain about the same except for the ill effects of raising the center of gravity, but I'm not sure if the other components, especially those on the front, can hold up with another two inches of lift added. Thoughts?

Hmmm, sounds like for that “certain look” you want maybe you should have just bought an F250 with a useless 6” highboy block lift ... because it sounds like what you want isn’t even functional for actual off-roading.

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds like for that “certain look” you want maybe you should have just bought an F250 with a useless 6” highboy block lift ... because it sounds like what you want isn’t really very functional for actual off-roading.

Could not agree more, the suggestion to not run deavers at the rear for 37” and to just get the Geiser front springs? That is some of the worst advice I have ever heard. 20% improvement from deavers?!? Your kidding right? 37’s short on money....that does not and should not ever go together.

Raptor makes for a bad bro dozer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: