Geiser Lift Alignment Results (Ford Dealer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

venomblue22

Reaction score
. But this guy I think was basically saying they didn’t want to work on it due to the liability/ safety of it being a “lifted truck” and that those sensors may need adjusted as well.

This is what we are seeing by us in Illinois, all those sensor need to be aligned to factory spec, factory spec is stock ride height stock tires. Allot of alignment shops dont have the tools to do the calibrations and the shops and some of the dealerships that do wont do it becuase of the liability, becuase it is no longer a factory setting. They dont want the liability if something goes wrong and they trace it back to a sensor alignment issue that was a factory stock setting

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes ACC / automatic cruise control, the lane departure system/ the radar sense in the front bumper that needs moved/ realigned/ calibrated sometimes when you move up in front of a front mount intercooler when doing certain aftermarket bumpers and stuff. But this guy I think was basically saying they didn’t want to work on it due to the liability/ safety of it being a “lifted truck” and that those sensors may need adjusted as well. Even though I think they won’t with the geisers and rear leafs installed.

Just seeing where people have taken them to get aligned after installing these setups. And any issues to be on the look out for.
I don’t have the tech package on my 18. Glad!!

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wfo, yeah if you’re going to build your truck probably better to just not opt for it. LOL

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get customers asking all the time what type of alignment machine we use, when was the last time our rack was calibrated, etc. Regarding shops saying they cant do it because of lane departure, lane assist, cruise control. Their alignment equipment could be older and didntt have the reset/calibration available, OR it could also be because they haven't updated their alignment specs in awhile. It costs me $995 for yearly updates. Some shops might not see it as a worthwhile investment because they don't see brand new cars often enough.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get customers asking all the time what type of alignment machine we use, when was the last time our rack was calibrated, etc. Regarding shops saying they cant do it because of lane departure, lane assist, cruise control. Their alignment equipment could be older and didntt have the reset/calibration available, OR it could also be because they haven't updated their alignment specs in awhile. It costs me $995 for yearly updates. Some shops might not see it as a worthwhile investment because they don't see brand new cars often enough.

That I would get if it was a matter if they didn’t have the specs because they didn’t update their stuff. Especially if was a small business, but I figured a large chain business like Conrad’s with tons of shops would be up to date. But this was made pretty clear that it was a fact of I was changing the ride height, and seemed more of a liability thing.

I called 4wheeler parts today as well, sounds like they charge around $130ish for an alignment. Told him what type of vehicle and the lift plans, etc. and he didn’t seem too concerned, didn’t even ask about if the vehicle was equipped with auto cruise, lane departure, tech pack. ...... so who knows????

I’ll be calling a few local dealers Monday as well to see what they say.

dwiyrick

Reaction score
Well? What was the verdict? I installed my Icon’s last night in position 2.......seems quite high and a bit stiff. I will try to get the Geisers installed tomorrow and then need an alignment. Best bet ford? Not certain a few inches actually matters with the sonar sensors anyway.......

Carlos M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well? What was the verdict? I installed my Icon’s last night in position 2.......seems quite high and a bit stiff. I will try to get the Geisers installed tomorrow and then need an alignment. Best bet ford? Not certain a few inches actually matters with the sonar sensors anyway.......

I got mine done at 4Wheel Parts. Feels really good and no issues. They also told me to bring it back after 1000 miles to get it checked again in case it needs readjustment after settling in.
$113 special for alignment.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you don’t get it aligned the toe will be out and chew your tires up fast!!

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going to the local
Ford dealer, was only $90ish out the door for an alignment. You could go a few days without one and let it settle in before getting one done, but you will need one at some point soon. The ACC is fine and still works without an issue, they didn’t have to touch anything with it.

Conrad’s just must not want to deal with it/ liability I guess.
I think 4wheelerparts quoted me $130 when I called them.

Yeah the icons sit suppler high until you drive it around the block a few times. They settled quick though.I did the icons at level 1 and it rides super smooth, but I might have to switch to option 2. As with the Geisers and a near empty tank of fuel it sits 1/4-1/2” high rear( looks perfect) but with a full tank its 1/4-1/2” low in the rear. If you don’t have a tounnea cover or gear in the back like i do, might sit perfect.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check that you didn’t over tighten anything and you greased the bolts/ bushings properly on the leafs if it’s riding that high / harsh.

Update us if you would after some miles, need to decide if the rake is bothering me enough to go up to option 2 on the leafs...