Geiser Lift Alignment Results (Ford Dealer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my truck into the Ford dealer this morning to have them check the alignment after my Geisers and Deaver +3s. I know others have said it is not always necessary to get an alignment because the Geisers do not lift it enough to push the truck out of the specified ranges. I have also read the same message about the various 2.25" perch adjustments.

In my case, the center red tab on my steering wheel was turned slightly to the right (maybe 5 degrees) and the truck was wandering at highway speeds, so I took it in.

Here are the results showing my truck was definitely outside the specified range for toe.
Right: .44 (Range 0.00 - 0.20)
Left: .35 (Range 0.00 - 0.20)
Total: .79 (Range 0.00 - 0.40)

NOTE: Interesting that the rear Thrust Angle also changed, but stayed within specs.

They had no problem brining it back into spec and the truck drives MUCH smoother, with zero wandering at 80+ MPH. Plus, the red notch is dead center. :biggrin:

If you plan to add Geisers, get it aligned as soon as possible!

Raptor Alignment.jpg

Last edited:

COMBS19

Reaction score
Same here! Brought it in twice and finally had them put the toe in at .10 and that made a world of difference. I still think it could use more positive caster on mine the best they could get it was 2.9* positive and the adjustments were maxed out. Thinking aftermarket upper control arm could get me in the 4.0*+ caster range and it would be perfect.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same here! Brought it in twice and finally had them put the toe in at .10 and that made a world of difference. I still think it could use more positive caster on mine the best they could get it was 2.9* positive and the adjustments were maxed out. Thinking aftermarket upper control arm could get me in the 4.0*+ caster range and it would be perfect.

I wonder why the adjustments are so different between two trucks with the same set of Geiser springs? They told me mine was very easy and your adjustments were maxed out... :crazy:

COMBS19

Reaction score
I wonder why the adjustments are so different between two trucks with the same set of Geiser springs? They told me mine was very easy and your adjustments were maxed out... :crazy:

Well they told me mine was good or with in Ford specs with adjustments maxed out but I think that's at outer edge of the good range. I think if they can they would of added more caster but there was no more adjustment left with the stock upper control arms. I would like to know what a stock truck has for caster? Thinking it's closer to 4.0* positive. It looks like Ford's acceptable range is 2.8* to 4.8* positive caster.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the shop i contacted about doing my geisers and deavers added it into the price of install. I didn't even mention alignment, i glad they did. Dropping the truck off tomorrow morning.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an FYI, alignments should ALWAYS be done when the front suspension is unbolted - makes no difference if you go higher or not. If you remove the tie rods chances are your toe will be out no matter what.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they told me mine was good or with in Ford specs with adjustments maxed out but I think that's at outer edge of the good range. I think if they can they would of added more caster but there was no more adjustment left with the stock upper control arms. I would like to know what a stock truck has for caster? Thinking it's closer to 4.0* positive. It looks like Ford's acceptable range is 2.8* to 4.8* positive caster.

Yep new uca and I set mine up at +5.7 caster