Geiser Lift Alignment Results (Ford Dealer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an FYI, alignments should ALWAYS be done when the front suspension is unbolted - makes no difference if you go higher or not. If you remove the tie rods chances are your toe will be out no matter what.

That is good to know. Both of the shops I talked to said an Alignment was not needed because the truck would still be within Ford specs. From what I have seen so far, this is NOT the case.

Last edited:

HalfRap

Reaction score
Just an FYI, alignments should ALWAYS be done when the front suspension is unbolted - makes no difference if you go higher or not. If you remove the tie rods chances are your toe will be out no matter what.

I agree with the final part of this and tie rod part, but please elaborate on the unbolted part and how height does't make a difference??

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the final part of this and tie rod part, but please elaborate on the unbolted part and how height does't make a difference??

When you disassemble the front suspension, UCA, LCA, tie rod etc, an alignment should be done, period. Even if you unbolted things for fun, to see how they work because you are curious and changed nothing, an alignment should be done. I did not suggest that changing height won't affect alignment, I think you misunderstood. What I said was anytime you disassemble the front suspension and alignment should be done, regardless of height.

To go a bit further - if you were able to put collars on to raise the front of the truck without unbolting anything (which is possible) by way of spring compressors, I would bet that you would NOT need an alignment. That is not to say that you should not have the alignment checked; but my bet would be everything would still be in spec.

I hope this clarifies things.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the shop i contacted about doing my geisers and deavers added it into the price of install. I didn't even mention alignment, i glad they did. Dropping the truck off tomorrow morning.

Can you share how much it cost to do the install?

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you share how much it cost to do the install?

I paid $499 for the Geisers and $1265 for the Deavers. Total of $1764, plus $173 for shipping.

For my installation, I paid $180 for the Geiser and $330 for the Deaver +3s. Total of $510.

Last edited:

HalfRap

Reaction score
nikhsub1 I am sorry, I do agree with you 100% Now.. The way I initially read it was that it should be done with it unbolted.. My mistake,, lol!

Last edited:

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i'm trying to get my ducks in a row as my ICON RXT leaf springs came in today, planning on doing Geisers and the icons to start with option 1 as shipped as people are reporting closer to a 2" rear lift than the advertised 1'' even after some considerable mileage and no real 'settling' of the springs noticed...

but to come to find out, i stop at my local Conrads to talk about getting an alignment , options/ prices/ scheduling, etc... and the guy pretty much stopped me after finding out that it is a newer Raptor, and that i was planning to add new springs ( change the height of the vehicle) he said that 'none of their locations would be able to work on it due to all of the adjustments/ recalibration for the ACC sensors that I'd have to take it to a Ford dealership."

now i get that yes, if you were to throw the rake off bad enough it may need the ACC realigned/ calibrated, but who has actually needed this performed on their's with doing a Geiser/ Eibach & deaver/ Icon setup?

where have people taken theres for the alignment? dealership? small mom and pop shop? dare i say 4wheelparts?

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To go a bit further - if you were able to put collars on to raise the front of the truck without unbolting anything (which is possible) by way of spring compressors, I would bet that you would NOT need an alignment. That is not to say that you should not have the alignment checked; but my bet would be everything would still be in spec.

I hope this clarifies things.

What OP is describing is bump steer, like most cars and trucks the Raptor must have some.
The toe changes with the height of the truck. This is due to the relationship of the LCA and tie rod, both angle and location of the pivots.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i'm trying to get my ducks in a row as my ICON RXT leaf springs came in today, planning on doing Geisers and the icons to start with option 1 as shipped as people are reporting closer to a 2" rear lift than the advertised 1'' even after some considerable mileage and no real 'settling' of the springs noticed...

but to come to find out, i stop at my local Conrads to talk about getting an alignment , options/ prices/ scheduling, etc... and the guy pretty much stopped me after finding out that it is a newer Raptor, and that i was planning to add new springs ( change the height of the vehicle) he said that 'none of their locations would be able to work on it due to all of the adjustments/ recalibration for the ACC sensors that I'd have to take it to a Ford dealership."

now i get that yes, if you were to throw the rake off bad enough it may need the ACC realigned/ calibrated, but who has actually needed this performed on their's with doing a Geiser/ Eibach & deaver/ Icon setup?

where have people taken theres for the alignment? dealership? small mom and pop shop? dare i say 4wheelparts?
What is Acc? Automatic Cruz? After front springs toe will need to be adjusted, I don’t think the deavers should require alignment. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I plan to install my deaver +3 with rpg drop shackles this morning. I took the leafs apart and had them sandblasted then I painted them with Steel-it coating for rust protection. I just got them back together last night.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes ACC / automatic cruise control, the lane departure system/ the radar sense in the front bumper that needs moved/ realigned/ calibrated sometimes when you move up in front of a front mount intercooler when doing certain aftermarket bumpers and stuff. But this guy I think was basically saying they didn’t want to work on it due to the liability/ safety of it being a “lifted truck” and that those sensors may need adjusted as well. Even though I think they won’t with the geisers and rear leafs installed.

Just seeing where people have taken them to get aligned after installing these setups. And any issues to be on the look out for.