Gear shifter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorND

Reaction score
Have had the truck few weeks now. Was wondering if anybody’s gear shifter button stays depressed or sticks after you shift it into drive or reverse? Mine seems to do it all the time not sure if it’s normal or what

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Assuming this is a gen 3 question, the shifter is a world apart from the gen 2. The button should not stick - there is only about 1/8" of travel and it should rebound after shifting into gear.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sticks too. I have not dived real deep into it but I think it's not mechanical and may have something to do with what position it's in and ignition status. It's not always under tension to spring back out.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sticks as well. I noticed it a lot when I first got the truck. Give it a bump to make sure it's not a safety issue. It seems on mine that the button is sticking but not to the point of engaging the action. I still have to pull it further to shift.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it’s a gen 3. Will have to get it checked out. Haven’t had any other issues.
Did you end up replacing it? Mine doesn't stick, but ever since it put itself into park when I opened the door in drive, it clicks loudly when shifting rather than smoothly. Will probably have warranty replace it. Fuggin junk

JD03Cobra

Reaction score
I have experienced this as well. It sticks for a brief second...It hasn't been much of a concern at the moment.

OP
OP
R

RaptorND

Reaction score
Did you end up replacing it? Mine doesn't stick, but ever since it put itself into park when I opened the door in drive, it clicks loudly when shifting rather than smoothly. Will probably have warranty replace it. Fuggin junk
Mine has broken in and doesn’t stick anymore