Garage fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure your garage and look up the dimensions. It's a real thing that it might not fit. My garage is fairly small. I have an inch of roof clearance and while it will fit with the mirrors out it's close enough that I fold them when entering and exiting to make things easier. I also only have 3 inches of clearance at each bumper, so I need a reference to park it on the spot.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine fits no problem parked next to my Shelby. There is no getting in the passenger door while in the garage. I did have to shorten my antenna because I got tired of it hitting.

Mark

The Real Coolbreeze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say. "Don't measure the hole! Measure the opening because the door droops down a ways!!!"

Luckily it had some rubber gasket material on the bottom edge of the door when she drove the old..... never mind......

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say. "Don't measure the hole! Measure the opening because the door droops down a ways!!!"

Luckily it had some rubber gasket material on the bottom edge of the door when she drove the old..... never mind......

Also make sure when the door is open there are no parts of the door that hang down lower than anticipated. Measure it in each configuration.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A9C07317-10D7-4FF1-A759-DC3A323CD4B6_1_201_a.jpeg standard height = 6'7" on level ground. Mine fits height-wise. Length - only backed in and have to remove my bumper-step (weathertech). Damn builders cutting cost by shrinking garages - prior home build in 1989 could fit Expedition and volvo 745 wagon, walk around cars and easy entry. Current home build it 2004 - have 3/4 clearance between door and from grill - no walking around...also will be extremely tight with another vehicle.

Last edited:

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nearly snapped the OEM antenna the first time I tried to fit it in the garage so a stubby antenna was the first mod I made and then I put a curb down to protect my wall.... It's a whole 'nother level when you start modifying your house for your Raptor.

20200505_132241.jpg

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nearly snapped the OEM antenna the first time I tried to fit it in the garage so a stubby antenna was the first mod I made and then I put a curb down to protect my wall.... It's a whole 'nother level when you start modifying your house for your Raptor.

View attachment 142971

Haha nice. I'm not that tight but that's a great idea. Should get a curb so I can just pull in till it stops.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha nice. I'm not that tight but that's a great idea. Should get a curb so I can just pull in till it stops.

My problem is that I have to suck up so close to the wall that I can't see the ground in the rear view camera and I knew it was a matter of time before I over judged it by 3 inches and there goes the wall and my bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter