Garage fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been using a tennis ball hanging from my opener for many years for my Volvo on the one side, and a parking mat I've had forever on the other side, now using it for the Raptor. I like that you can just move it if you are doing something in your garage and it's in your way. I just marked the floor with a marker so I can see where to put it back to. It also helps give me a good guide to aim the front tire at when I'm pulling in because the truck is so big you don't have much extra room. You have reasonable room as long as I'm precise when I park it. It's very easy to feel when you've gone over the first bump, then I'll put it in neutral and release the brake and it will center itself. I've found the parking mats don't move from use at all.

It's made from a really heavy vinyl and it's got enough weight it never moves from use and I've never attached like they show in the video for this one. In a quick look I see it looks like Amazon is selling a junky knock off, big surprise! It looks like quite a few vendors sell them, I think I've had mine at least 15 years and it's still in great shape. It's called the "Park Smart Parking Mat".

I see California Car Cover has a gray one now, and the yellow like I got. A lot of vendors have them, even Home Depot. The yellow is super easy to see at night, but also shows some tire marks after many years of use.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Doors-W...-Floor-Protection/Park-Smart/N-5yc1vZcgjwZ56x

GrayPMSub.jpg

park-smart-parking-mat-yellow-12.gif

Last edited:

ChrisK661

Reaction score
Anyone have an overall length of the raptor? Spec says 231.9” high and 78.5” high. Is that true or is there a hook/hitch/satellite antenna that makes that higher/longer? Anyone who has theirs just fit in have some garage dimensions to share?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have my ordered Raptor yet, but have been parking my diesel truck with tow mirrors in the garage for the past few years. My tow mirrors come off the door 15” at the mount point, probably 13” past the door skins. With a 16’ wide door and 82” of height I don’t have any problems. Depth wise, my garage is 20’ minus the door, so about 19’9”. With my current truck measuring 19’5” I have a little room to spare, I use a wheel chock as shown to position the truck. My driveway has some seams in the concrete that work perfectly for lining the truck up each time. I have the space to swap to a 18’ wide door, but I’m guessing it would cost $3K or more for the swap.

image.jpg

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd say compare the published dimensions of the truck with the actual dimensions of your garage. Seems pretty simple to me.

Yup. That's what I did. The overall length, width, and height of the truck are published on Ford's web site. So all I had do to was measure my garage. I had a garage with a four-panel door and there was a load bearing steel post in the middle of the garage to support the upper floor of the house above the garage. I had to completely rearrange my garage, and to aid parking I put a large pistol target on the back wall of my garage to aid backing in. All I had to do was center the target in the rear camera and stop before I hit the wall. Anybody can do it! (But I eventually decided to put a concrete parking block on the garage floor to make sure I didn't back into the family room.)

If you have a standard four-panel garage door, pay attention to the height of the truck's radio antenna.

Last edited: