Garage fitment programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the model. I have two 8500W's which are pretty new and needed the learn button.
I have the same openers and neither needed the learn? Weird

You can clear off old openers/cars with the app for the 8500W, which is handy. The old openers only stored like 8 total, one of my 8500W had 15 programmed to it at one point because I wasn’t clearing off trucks that I traded.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I put in a new garage door opener last year. I was able to successfully program my '22 visor, for the life of me I couldn't get my wife's '22 visor to work. She has to use one of the remotes that came with the opener.

If it ever goes back to the dealer, I will have them look at it.

I know a guy with a '17 Super Duty, Ford had to replace his visor.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put in a new garage door opener last year. I was able to successfully program my '22 visor, for the life of me I couldn't get my wife's '22 visor to work. She has to use one of the remotes that came with the opener.

If it ever goes back to the dealer, I will have them look at it.

I know a guy with a '17 Super Duty, Ford had to replace his visor.
Did you try clearing the visor in your wife’s car? This has solved my remote problems in the past

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember now, we fiddled with it for a good bit though. Does that need to be done on a new truck?
Not usually. But might give it a try? Hold the outside two buttons until they flash

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had multiple homelinks on multiple brands of cars and different garage openers.

The standard instructions work. I sometime has to push hold as then push 3 times in a row for it to work.

OP
OP
bukaroo

bukaroo

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for the delay. Not getting notifications for resonses on here.

But y’all were correct pretty easy to connect once I actually had a moment to not do it while multitasking lol but my wife has confiscated the garage so guess I have it now if I ever forget my keys lol.

I’m holding off on the leveling kit and may not even do it since I’m considering UCAS & LCAS + tire rods from SVC. Trucks going to in for rims, lights, bumpers this week hopefully. Just trying to hit some low hanging fruit before moving to more major components.