Garage fitment programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bukaroo

Reaction score
Hello y’all. Any gen3 owners had issues programming their garage doors to the one in the visor?

Also I’m contemplating a leveling kit from RPG but am on the fence bc it’ll sadly means the raptor goes out until we get a barndominium built on the property

Attachments

• IMG_8535.jpeg
    IMG_8535.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8537.jpeg
    IMG_8537.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8536.jpeg
    IMG_8536.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 48

Pnwrider

Reaction score
Programmed mine yesterday without issue. I held down the garage door opener and the visor switch I wanted it on (and did this multiple times). That said, the YouTube videos and ford directions made it seem like my programming didn’t work. I never got the rapid flash, but just a slow orange flash. Went home and it worked. I found programming it out of range of the garage door opener worked best for whatever reason.

OP
OP
bukaroo

bukaroo

Reaction score
Programmed mine yesterday without issue. I held down the garage door opener and the visor switch I wanted it on (and did this multiple times). That said, the YouTube videos and ford directions made it seem like my programming didn’t work. I never got the rapid flash, but just a slow orange flash. Went home and it worked. I found programming it out of range of the garage door opener worked best for whatever reason.
Thanks for answering! Maybe I’m doing it wrong and I’ll try it further away from the house. Could you explain how you did this step by step lol I maybe having a dumb butt moment haha

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It couldn’t be much easier. Hold your opener up to the visor buttons and hold one button from the opener and one button from the visor. It will flash quickly when it accepts the program. After it stops flashing again push the visor button you just programmed and the door should open. Sometimes you have to do more of a push and hold to get the door to open.

If that doesn’t work try clearing the stored codes by holding the outside two buttons until it starts flashing, then try again. If your truck is used it might have the previous owner’s code still programmed.

Leveling the front doesn’t raise the truck much, you might still fit in the garage.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you do this, make sure you always park the vehicle -in- the garage. Those buttons work all the time. F series trucks are very easy to brake into.

Leveling kit is all about aesthetics and zero to do with anything else. Don’t do it. It’s like the audio system. You can’t just slap a better set of speakers in the truck and make it sound better - if anything, the better speakers will faithfully represent the very, very poor mixing and sound quality and make it sound worse. The only practical way to improve it is to have a specific set of goals, procure the parts and perform the upgrade.

Same with suspension. You simply cannot improve the truck’s performance with just a single suspension component - without some consequence elsewhere in the suspension.

Fire Ball

Reaction score
What brand of opener, I have an Liftmaster and my old truck needed a repeater to get the sun visor switches to work.
Haven't tried it on the 23 yet.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been a year or so but I think I had to hit the learn button on the garage door opener motor, before mine finally worked.

Same. Some garage openers have “rolling codes” and you have to push that Learn button or programming will not be successful.

It couldn’t be much easier. Hold your opener up to the visor buttons and hold one button from the opener and one button from the visor. It will flash quickly when it accepts the program. After it stops flashing again push the visor button you just programmed and the door should open. Sometimes you have to do more of a push and hold to get the door to open.

If that doesn’t work try clearing the stored codes by holding the outside two buttons until it starts flashing, then try again. If your truck is used it might have the previous owner’s code still programmed.

Leveling the front doesn’t raise the truck much, you might still fit in the garage.
You all are correct. It’s a simple 2-step process. Pair the opener and visor button first. Second, as @Hotrod-Realtor stated, hit the learn/program button on the unit itself and within 30 seconds, press & hold the paired visor button for about 3 seconds until the garage door activates.

Btw, why not hold off on the leveling kit until you have the barndominium in place If having your truck outside is of concern to you?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The learn button is not needed on newer openers. I have Liftmaster openers and have never had to push a learn button.