FX4 vs Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the thing, if you gonna do fully loaded vs. fully loaded, the price difference really isn't that far apart. You'll easily make it up when you go to sell, Raptors are holding their value very well.

I second this too.

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to fords site and custom build a fully loaded FX4 and then build a loaded raptor minus graphics and they are almost the same price, and you get a ton more goodies with the raptor!!

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to have my Raptor in Wyoming or anywhere out west for that matter!

Get the Raptor, you wont be disappointed at all!

-Brian

The terrain out here is so varied from the remote Red Desert including the Killpecker Dunes, deserted two tracks, desolate paved roads all the way to the high alpine trails with gnarly boulders. Your Raptor (and hopefully mine down the road) would love it!

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Go to fords site and custom build a fully loaded FX4 and then build a loaded raptor minus graphics and they are almost the same price, and you get a ton more goodies with the raptor!!

And that's why I'm leaning more and more towards the Raptor. It also seems that with the addition of the front Torsen differential (starting with the 2012 model), the more traditional off-road capability has been improved. I don't want it to just be a one dimensional high speed desert runner but also a capable off-road machine. So far, from what I've heard, everyone is happy with that part of the Raptor too.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I hear that! I spent most of my summer's working out in Wyoming years ago. I wish Raptors were around back then! The mischief I could have gotten into!

Dave

That's what I'm thinking too! One of my hobbies is gold prospecting so I need it to be able to get me there and back. Not only in the Wyoming outback but in the desert southwest. Otherwise, I just want a vehicle capable of exploring this great land!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because of what they've done, a Raptor can do literally any facet of offroading that an FX4 can do. If that's what has you worried it's seriously a no brainer. SVT didn't add anything to the Raptor that takes away from another type of offroading. At the very least it'll do the exact same as an FX4 somewhere, but not worse. And all other places it'll do much better, and desert it'll excel.

SVT made truck capable of handling the desert, but it's still able to do anything else an FX4 can (except tow)

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because of what they've done, a Raptor can do literally any facet of offroading that an FX4 can do. If that's what has you worried it's seriously a no brainer. SVT didn't add anything to the Raptor that takes away from another type of offroading. At the very least it'll do the exact same as an FX4 somewhere, but not worse. And all other places it'll do much better, and desert it'll excel.

SVT made truck capable of handling the desert, but it's still able to do anything else an FX4 can (except tow)

I think that's what I really wanted to hear from a few in the know. Yes, it will get it's fair share of open desert time but it will also need to handle the normal 4x4 trails and SNOW! Has anyone driven them in a decent amount of snow? Heck, sometimes around here even the paved highways are covered with a foot of snow and you better have something that can handle it!

93cbra

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you right now. I can't decide if I should go with a FX2 with the 6.2 and add the fox 3.0? that should be fun there, but the Raptor is bad ass looking!!!

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's what I really wanted to hear from a few in the know. Yes, it will get it's fair share of open desert time but it will also need to handle the normal 4x4 trails and SNOW! Has anyone driven them in a decent amount of snow? Heck, sometimes around here even the paved highways are covered with a foot of snow and you better have something that can handle it!

Search the threads for snow comments dude. Raptors excel at that cold white sand! I personally pulled a Chevy 2500HD out of a ditch last year...course I drove through the ditch to pull him out just to rub his nose in it ;). There are all kinds of off road modes in that supplemental instruction manual.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Search the threads for snow comments dude. Raptors excel at that cold white sand! I personally pulled a Chevy 2500HD out of a ditch last year...course I drove through the ditch to pull him out just to rub his nose in it ;). There are all kinds of off road modes in that supplemental instruction manual.

That's awesome! That would have made my day!!

I think you guys have convinced me. Not that I needed much convincing...lol!

Raptor it is! There's going to be some long months coming up yet to get a big down payment ready. Until then, FRF will keep me going. I can't wait until next year when I can order my own Raptor!!!