Front tires cupping on outside edges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014SVTblue

Reaction score
2014 also bad cupping

My 2014 has been really bad on inside edge, with just a little on outside edge. Took back to Ford and they checked alignment, saying everything is OK but did replace the 2 front tires for free. They suggested that I rotate more often, like every oil change... I think there is something else going on here. Does not sound right when some of you are having issue and others are not.. Suggestions??

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google causes of cupping.
1) Worn struts on cars or bushings on a truck. Not likely on a new truck
2) Something out of balance. Do you have aftermarket wheels on the truck? If yes are they lug centric or hub centric. If not hub centric you may always have balance issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
everyone Ive put on the alignment rack(about 30-40) are toe'd out from the factory.
I lower the air pressure to 30-33 psi and recalibrate the tpms. of course the customer has to agree to this but they are D rated tires they can handle it just fine unless youre going to be at 100mph all day long.
also getting the tires rotated every 3k will help.