Front license plate sucks

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by troycrna, Jun 28, 2018.

1. xxSparkyMarkxx

xxSparkyMarkxx Member

I drove in California for 11 years while I lived there not having a front plate. Mine was strapped to my sun visor so I could flip it down.

Wfo likes this.
  2. wipit

wipit Full Access Member

This is mine, got it from CJ

3. DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor FRF Addict

I've been in Texas 12 years now, and never had a plate. Even when pulled over, it has never been mentioned. No one in my county cares, they have better things to do.

Sinz likes this.
  4. conflict

conflict Member

Get pulled over.. take your ticket.. pay it. In a state where your insurance goes up? by how much? 100 a year? 200 a year? Hell if that is your worry, then it's another reason to NOT run a front plate. No front pate can give you a 1-2 second advantage on a LIDAR gun locking in on you.

Bumpers...
    Lights...
    Suspension mods...
    Wheels, Tires...
    ECU tuning ....
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've observed a version of this thread for years on multiple car forums. It's never about the money. It boils down to:

Those who don't have the stomach to get through a basic traffic stop... and are jealous of the ones that do. vs. Free men.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  5. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

Whoa. Watch out guys. We got a real bad ass on our hands here! The free man sitting on the side of the road. Show us how free you really are. Don't pay the tickets.

:lol2:

I don't have a FMIC but I echo the sentiment here. Front plates suck. Due to new revenue collection measures, NYC has implemented a zero tolerance policy for front plates at bridges and tunnels. As I am not badass enough (and value my time too much) to enjoy sitting on the side of the road (side note: I got pulled over twice and talked my way out of both tickets), I just recently had my lighting and bumper re-done to accommodate a front plate. It sucks that there aren't more aftermarket front bumpers with good options for plate mounts.

IMG_4754.JPG

IMG_0765_clean.jpg

IMG_4754.JPG

IMG_0765_clean.jpg

Wfo likes this.
  6. conflict

conflict Member

Spends hours and hours making his truck look like it could rip a desert road ... yeahhhh.. getting pulled over ... how many times? Twice you say? Are we talking like a whole 10 minutes of your life wasted? ....

I got your number. po po make you nervous.

7. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

[​IMG]

Viral Peas and NASSTY like this.