Front End Shakes While Accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrenebome

Reaction score
New to the forum....Don't know if this has been discussed before......I have a 2014 Raptor and recently the truck started to shake while accelerating between 40 and 50mph..mostly while driving on the highway and after coasting for a little bit......Recently I replaced the spark plugs and coil packs and had a issue with cross threading some on the bottom but that has been resolved. Also the plug wires and coil packs were changed as well.

Trying to avoid taking it to Ford as I don't want to pay a arm and a leg.....any help would he appreciated.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, you should definitely post some photos of your truck so we know what we're looking at here!

As far as the 40-50 mph shake, I had an issue like that with my 11th gen f150 and it ended up being the driveshaft binding under acceleration in the transfer case output shaft. I had to pull the shaft and lube it every 5000ish miles to keep it from happening. Is it always the same section of road? Harmonics can cause this kind of thing as well so that can affect it.

Some other places to check are wheel and tire balance and pressure, brakes, and emergency brakes.

OP
OP
R

rrenebome

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... the shaking feeling feels like it's coming from the front of the truck. Was thinking maybe a motor mount possibly.... Could the driveshaft issue be felt towards the front as well? Here's the truck....only other mod is a Flowmaster Exhaust. SmartSelect_20210915-221033_Facebook.jpg