Front Camera worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, just got a call from the dealer. They have what he called an orphaned order. I guess whoever ordered it backed out. WTF. The truck is exactly what I ordered but without front camera.

For those that have, how much value is it? I live in Colorado and seeing the sky and no ground is a routine adventure around here. The force that would allow it to work all the time ups the value but it still isn't available, that I know of.

Do I give on the camera for immediate gratification or wait for the Dec 3rd ETA I was given earlier this week for the truck with exactly what I want?

Ive waited this long. December 3rd doesn't feel that far away anymore and I have two of those weeks scheduled with international travel. Couldn't enjoy the truck anyway.

Advice?

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, just got a call from the dealer. They have what he called an orphaned order. I guess whoever ordered it backed out. WTF. The truck is exactly what I ordered but without front camera.

For those that have, how much value is it? I live in Colorado and seeing the sky and no ground is a routine adventure around here. The force that would allow it to work all the time ups the value but it still isn't available, that I know of.

Do I give on the camera for immediate gratification or wait for the Dec 3rd ETA I was given earlier this week for the truck with exactly what I want?

Ive waited this long. December 3rd doesn't feel that far away anymore and I have two of those weeks scheduled with international travel. Couldn't enjoy the truck anyway.

Advice?
did alot of offroad in utah, canyonlands area. going up an incline with nothing but blue sky in sight was a given. just slowed down and hoped anyone coming from the other direction was doing the same, and that there wasnt some serious effed up ***** on the other side. sometimes we just parked and surveyed the terrain. how much would you use the camera is the question

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It works great! I use it all the time offroad. At least in my part of the country.. Where there are jeep trails, and slow speed trail work.

-Greg

OP
OP
R

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove by dealer on the way home from a party tonight. It was sitting out front, teasing me. Shit!

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My two cents from someone who doesn't even have a Raptor (yet). I'd probably wait because you obviously ordered it for a reason. If you end up not using it much or don't find it useful, so be it. It would be a selling point down the road if you ever buy another one. And besides you said you'd be gone for 2 weeks anyways so like you said it would just sit there.

OP
OP
R

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kind of where I'm at too. Thank everyone for the input. I know it will get used. The trails here often have you pointed to the sky with no ida what's ahead. Sure, I could get out and look but why? Hard to think about resale when I haven't even taken delivery but that was part of original thinking.

I'm waiting.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kind of where I'm at too. Thank everyone for the input. I know it will get used. The trails here often have you pointed to the sky with no ida what's ahead. Sure, I could get out and look but why? Hard to think about resale when I haven't even taken delivery but that was part of original thinking.

I'm waiting.

Good choice, I've had my Raptor for 10 months and haven't even turned the front camera on yet, but its nice to know its there if I need it.