Front camera broke so getting transfer case replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 2013 SCREW with 20K miles to the dealership to fix a problem with my front camera not working. When trying to enable it, I always get the message that the truck must be in 4-low or ORM+locked diff even though I did have those modes activated. After diagnosing the issue, the dealership finds that there is a problem with the transfer case. There were very fine pieces of metal in the fluid that caused premature wear and pitting in nearly all the components in the transfer case. Somehow this caused the front camera to not recognize when the truck was in 4-low or locked differential (don't ask me why). Dealership convinced Ford to replace the transfer case instead of just rebuilding it. New parts should be in tomorrow. Hoping that will fix all my problems with it.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this issue with their Raptor?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good thing you got the front camera option.
You should pay the difference and get an upgraded rear end.

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my transfer case replaced truck has 12k miles. No issue with my front camera the 4x4 was popping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

What do you guys mean upgraded rear end? I thought they were all the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His truck has the stronger rear. The 12 and up trucks have upgraded components if I am correct.

As for the T-case being your front camera issue, its possible but what confuses me is that when your in 2wd and have ORM and rear diff locked it still doesn't function. That should take the T-case out of the equation.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His truck has the stronger rear. The 12 and up trucks have upgraded components if I am correct.

As for the T-case being your front camera issue, its possible but what confuses me is that when your in 2wd and have ORM and rear diff locked it still doesn't function. That should take the T-case out of the equation.

You make an excellent point there.