Front bumper replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So unfortunately someone hit my front driver side bumper/fender/wheel. it isnt a crazy amount of damage but in the event that the bumper needs to be replaced does anyone know how to go about getting an off road bumper instead of the factory one. I saw the factory one was around 1500 and bumpers I have been looking at are 1-1.3k. So my thought process is i can get insurance to buy a bumper i want for cheaper verses the stock one. Any thoughts?

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So unfortunately someone hit my front driver side bumper/fender/wheel. it isnt a crazy amount of damage but in the event that the bumper needs to be replaced does anyone know how to go about getting an off road bumper instead of the factory one. I saw the factory one was around 1500 and bumpers I have been looking at are 1-1.3k. So my thought process is i can get insurance to buy a bumper i want for cheaper verses the stock one. Any thoughts?

I like your way of thinking...save the Insurance Co. some $$ and get what you want....Problem is,most insurance companies dont think like us "normal" Raptor Guys do...Could get tricky...if your going to Body Shop,the Insurance Co. might insist you replace with OEM equipment ...If your doing yourself...might be luckier...be nice to adjuster,buy him a beer,and he might see things as they should be...(give the guy his $$ and let him fix how he wants)...I'm dealing with Insurance on some storm damage,and besides Lawyers and Car Salesman,they are my least favorite people to deal with.....no offense to you Lawyers and Salesman...someone has to do it...:eek:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See how much is allowed for replacement and if you could get the part yourself to be reimbursed ?....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the body shop now. Decided to just have them replace everything wit factory parts sense I might be selling it here soon.