From California and I bought out of state

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Did you use a specific website to find it? Or how did you find it?

man I just searched everywhere. Shipping was a pain this time tho due to the current climate. Has taken forever. Still worth it tho. I got almost 11k off msrp for a new 19’ every option besides Recaros. Had to get a deal because still have to pay taxes and 2k shipping but ya. Couldn’t find anywhere close to that in Ca.

just hunt and negotiate. Deals are out there it just takes a lot of work. Oh I like cars.com I think that’s where I may have found it

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just hunt and negotiate. Deals are out there it just takes a lot of work. Oh I like cars.com I think that’s where I may have found it

Apparently, dealers can opt out of cars.com because they failed to show trucks that I knew were sitting local lots. It pays to come at your search in different ways.

RaptorGavin

Reaction score
I'm in California and just did the same...Bought a dealer demo from out of Ohio.

The GM drove the vehicle for about 4 months and put 4800 miles on it. I saved $8,200 off MSRP.

I flew out there and drove it back with my wife and son. Turned it into a 10 day vacation highlighted by Yellowstone for 2 days. Put on an additional 3,900 miles and about $3,500 in total travel expenses. $1,500 of that was a detour East to Philadelphia and Lancaster, PA and North to Yellowstone Park.

Primary reason I purchased out of state was I wanted Oxford White with Recaro Package. If I'm spending 70K on a truck I'm going to get exactly what I want. MSRP was $76,965 but the dealer added Line-X to the bed which I would have done anyway. I paid $68,677. California dealers are not really negotiating at the moment. There is a similar Raptor in Sacramento but they won't budge off the 77K sticker price.

Last edited:

papirriki007

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one with luck but not hahhah , bought my July 30 2020, 802A pckg, carbon fiber , panoramic roof ,demo with 6k miles Im from Miami bought in north dakota 2200 miles away with out step the dealer during this pandemic waiting for delivery this 24 , I can't wait one more week . Oh price ?
$59900$

OP
OP
F

Frado760

Reaction score
I used auto trader and auto list both are apps on my iPhone and I just went to work man it took me about 2 months of emails and phone calls to different dealers... when I found what I wanted exactly at the price I wanted I didn’t hesitate.... I had all of my ducks in a row my die payment and my financing... it was definitely worth it in the end

svt1998gt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as financing, what rates and terms are you guys looking at. I looked at penfed and some references with nerdwallet, but wanted to make sure i was on the right path as far as the best rate. I am getting close to finishing my search just want to make sure i have the right numbers before i pull the trigger.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
As far as financing, what rates and terms are you guys looking at. I looked at penfed and some references with nerdwallet, but wanted to make sure i was on the right path as far as the best rate. I am getting close to finishing my search just want to make sure i have the right numbers before i pull the trigger.

Lot of factors but I got 3.29% 60 months. Rates don’t seem great right now. Last Raptor I bought I got 2.39% iirc. That’s like 15% down and 800 credit score

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Almost went out of state, but I finally found one in Northern California in a little sleepy town optioned exactly how I wanted.