Fraptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ace75

Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of trucks that look like Raptors from a distance but turn out to be f-150's with the Raptor style grills. Are you guys noticing a lot of these as well? I've even seen a few Rams with the raptor style grill.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are everywhere as they sell knockoff grills on Ebay. Started seeing them on previous gen F150's now as well as people buying the applique to install in the rear.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two at work. Don’t know the owners, one is an F-150 with the raptor FORD grill. The other has the grill, but took it a step farther with aftermarket hood and wheels that from a distance, almost make it look like a real raptor.

The most annoying thing though, was a Taco coming up behind me in the dark. I was on the highway in my wife’s car and noticed the 3 LED lights in the middle of the grill. It didn’t say ford or anything, but come on. The lights are for size, something a Tacoma doesn’t have.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor has one, and told me it was my fault... :)

He had been driving an older (late 90s-era) beat-to-shit F150 when I brought my Raptor home. A week or two later he rolled up in a new F150, and told me that my new truck inspired him; he evidently meant that a bit more literally than I initially understood, because a few weeks later, it had a Raptor-style grille, a lift, and some ~35" AT tires on aftermarket wheels.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You see a lot because the 17+ OEM Raptor grilles bolt right in the 2015-2017 F150s with a stock hood- they don't even need an aftermarket grille. It leaves a little gap at the bottom, but it's not noticeable.

OTOH, a Gen 1 Raptor grille wouldn't fit a standard F150 hood, so aftermarket is the only way to go for the older trucks who want that look, and of course all aftermarket shit like that is junk as far as fit goes.

I saw a Tacoma with the three lights in the grille the other day too. Weak.

The guy down the street from me has a 15-17 F150 sport with the same three lights in the grille, some ugly black mesh looking aftermarket grille, and big ass wheels and tires that look cartoonishly huge in the tiny wheel wells. That's what makes a Raptor look so good compared to all other trucks with a lift/big tires- the Raptor's big tires actually fit nicely in the wheel wells, you know, like it was made for them.