fox 3.0 and deaver +3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mviohl311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought fox 3.0's and Deaver +3 leaf springs from SDHQ, any install tips or tricks u guys may have come across during ur installs? Any issues I should be aware of before I rip the suspension apart?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get large jack stands, very large. The standard ones are not tall enough to get the rear of the truck high enough.

Also, note where the e-brake cable goes, above or below the spring before you tear it apart.

Otherwise other than man power, its pretty simple. the leafs are heavy.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side front spring bolt. Youll either have to drop the tank or cut the bolt head off before you can get it out. Easiest way, take the nut off, tap the bolt thru about an inch and then use a saws all to cut the bolt head. Watch what youre doing in that area so you dont go thru any lines or your tank. Make sure you have a bolt to replace the one you cut. Also, if youre running the stock exhaust, you may have to lower the exhaust to get the front spring bolt out as well.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I did so I didnt have the bolt facing the fuel tank.
This is from my build thread. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/hocks-2012-raptor-build-14948/index22.html

For those that do not want to cut off the drivers side front spring bolt its a easy process to slide the tank to one side and remover teh bolt so you can reuse and it will not be pointing to the tank.
First the little ring around the filler hold just pulls off to access the 3 bolts.
Just remove the 3 bolts in the fuel door that hold teh filler tube in place.

Second you remove the clamp holding the fuel fill tube to the body.

They remove teh fuel tank straps and support the tank and slide it over its not a bad job at all.. There is plenty of extra room for the lines and harness to move without stressing it at all...
and then you do not have the front spring bolt facing the tank...

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man hock that's some good info! I just cut the bolt lol took like 15 seconds I didn't feel like messing with the tank takes too long