ForScan fail...I failed at ForScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDS

Reaction score
Forscan is a great tool that's helped me a lot.

However somehow when I was coding the parking lights, I got the turn signals to light up as well.

Thats great and all but now the front turn signals don't work with the lights on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
FORSCAN won’t work on a prius. No Raptor picture == prius owner :p

Restore from your backup of the as built settings.
When you first get into Forscan it pulls down the values. You then go in, modify 1 or more modules and upload. of course, if you have the saved version of the as built modules, you can just push those back to the prius Raptor.

If you didn’t take a backup, this means you are a 2 prius household ;-)

You can still potentially recover by using the google docs tables and walk back the module settings one by one.
There are also module ‘as built’ values online - it used to be ... ? etis.ford.com ? maybe.

I’ve never had to restore from the backup I took, but, I did have some initial difficulty getting Lincoln fold mirrors going, but once I properly identified the spreadsheet cells I needed to pay attention to, it went amazingly smoothly.

Good luck
#MaybeOneLessprius?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tape a flashing light on your hand and stick it out the window.
handsig.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
C’mon, MAN! @CoronaRaptor is providing helpful guidance to this rank noob!

Prius? EXCUSE ME SIR! It's a Honda Spree!

That would make you “Mod” ( as opposed to a Rocker ), and it is well established in vehicle hierarchy that even the lowliest powered 2 wheeler > any prius.

I need a drink...
I can help with that: Bourbon country

Alas, rules being rules and all we can’t just give you a pass. Here, we’ve found the perfect profile pic for you:
2017-Toyota-Prius-Prime-On-White.jpg

Good luck with the FORSCAN update. Pro Tip: maybe hit the FORSCAN helpful hints before delving too deeply into Bourbon Country. ;-)

OP
OP
M

MDS

Reaction score
With friends like you guys, I don’t need enemies…your advice was as worthless as **** on a nun.

I figured it out this evening.

You can’t turn on the turn signals as running lights I found out. It completely eliminates front turn signals.

You’re welcome.