Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to ensure that the truck does not “go to sleep” while you are programming? On my other car, fastening the drivers side seatbelt keeps it awake indefinitely, which is what I do when I’m loading a tune, coding, etc. Doesn’t work on the Raptor, and I have had it go to sleep on me (not during a read or write, fortunately, but after having it on for a while with my PC plugged in to the OBD). Freaked me out. Not good if that happens during a write. I do keep a charger connected while coding.

Your saying, with the ignition on, it goes to sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, in accessory mode. I had the laptop connected for a while, backed up my stock files, then left it there while I studied the spreadsheet and made sure I had my ducks in a row. It went to sleep before I started coding. Probably 10 minutes.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, in accessory mode. I had the laptop connected for a while, backed up my stock files, then left it there while I studied the spreadsheet and made sure I had my ducks in a row. It went to sleep before I started coding. Probably 10 minutes.

I always do my work when the truck is ignition on “run”, engine not running with a charger hooked to the battery set on a 10 amp charge

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always do my work when the truck is ignition on “run”, engine not running with a charger hooked to the battery set on a 10 amp charge

I have the push button start, but I am running in the push button equivalent—push the start button without your foot on the brake. Sync, lights, fans, etc., all come on. I shut the lights, fans, etc. off, of course, and hook up the charger.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the push button start, but I am running in the push button equivalent—push the start button without your foot on the brake. Sync, lights, fans, etc., all come on. I shut the lights, fans, etc. off, of course, and hook up the charger.

It shouldn’t be going into sleep mode, I’ve had mine in that mode for over 40 minutes doing programming

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was due to inactivity, or the push button start version is programmed differently? I don’t know, but I wish there were a way to force it to stay awake. I did some searching prior to posting my question but didn’t come up with anything.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of a way to force it, I have an IDS as well, there are no references other than what I posted to keep the vehicle up and running...[emoji2373]

charlieh313

Reaction score
The first time I did my Forscan tweaks I accidentally had the truck running. It didn't seem to be an issue and all of the tweaks I made went through without any issues. Has anyone had a problem having the vehicle running/idling while programming?

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first time I did my Forscan tweaks I accidentally had the truck running. It didn't seem to be an issue and all of the tweaks I made went through without any issues. Has anyone had a problem having the vehicle running/idling while programming?

I have done some programming that way in a few instances

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk