Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mac_attack

Reaction score
So I just entered the following in APIM in Sync 3 v3.0 and it DOES allow viewing of text messages and entering NAV destination while in motion AND Sirius Travel Link is still present and working

APIM 7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx

This did not work on Sync 3 v2.0 but I never tested it on Sync 3 v2.2 so if anyone is on v2.2 and wants to test it may work on that version also. If you test it please also post whether Sirius Travel Link still works also.

snip...

I tried it with Sync3 v2.2. It works! Sort of.... It changed my clock (an hour behind now) and my system language to English UK. I did not find a way change it back. There was no other English in the settings.

Travel Link seems to work normally except that the gas prices are in £. I could live with that, but the clock being off may bother me too much if I can't adjust it back.

Full disclosure I only tried navigation in motion right now. I did not try text messages as I use GoogleVoice/Hangouts and it is not compatible with Sync anyways so I didn't really think about it. I can try sending a text when I leave again though.

Thanks for your continued efforts Livinitup!

hmgt3

Reaction score
I tried it with Sync3 v2.2. It works! Sort of.... It changed my clock (an hour behind now) and my system language to English UK. I did not find a way change it back. There was no other English in the settings.

Travel Link seems to work normally except that the gas prices are in £. I could live with that, but the clock being off may bother me too much if I can't adjust it back.

Full disclosure I only tried navigation in motion right now. I did not try text messages as I use GoogleVoice/Hangouts and it is not compatible with Sync anyways so I didn't really think about it. I can try sending a text when I leave again though.

Thanks for your continued efforts Livinitup!
Can't you just adjust the clock back to what it was??

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

mac_attack

Reaction score
Can't you just adjust the clock back to what it was??

LOL that would be too easy wouldn't it? I actually didn't even try! I was picking the kids up from school and got distracted! I'll let you know in a minute though!

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

It's too bad I put that out there for the whole world to see my crisis, but yes, I was able to fix the clock back to the right time. It would not take the manual adjustment but I turned off the Auto Time Zone Update and turned it back on and that seemed to fix it through one power/key cycle at least. Still stuck on UK English.

Last edited:

hmgt3

Reaction score
LOL that would be too easy wouldn't it? I actually didn't even try! I was picking the kids up from school and got distracted! I'll let you know in a minute though!

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

It's too bad I put that out there for the whole world to see my crisis, but yes, I was able to fix the clock back to the right time. It would not take the manual adjustment but I turned off the Auto Time Zone Update and turned it back on and that seemed to fix it through one power/key cycle at least. Still stuck on UK English.
Glad you were able to figure it out.

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
No problems with v3.0 after several days. At the same time, the changes are minimal so if you are worried about it may not be worth it. I'm noticing some different icons and fonts. The navigation has a slightly different look at times, like the speed limit info. I don't really notice any new features outside of turning the display off and I'm not noticing a speed increase.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk