Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Barely a day after doing the parking light as DRL FORScan mod, I received a warning by California Highway Patrol that it is illegal in California to drive around with only the parking lights on. Sure enough Section 24800 of the California Vehicle Code states: “No vehicle shall be driven at any time with the parking lamps lighted except when the lamps are being used as turn-signal lamps or when the headlights also are lighted.”

Love this state.

Wow. This is the stupidest law I've ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone think the outer halos as DRLs seem to be pretty dim? I love how they look when used as DRLs, just wish they would be a tad brighter at daytime. Livnitup says there is currently no way to turn up the voltage on the halos.

Anyone know if there is a difference in brightness between setting lights to auto versus off? I wouldn't think so, but just curious.

chattermark

Reaction score
I seem to be missing a lot of modules, is there something that I am missing? Looking at the tutorial and it shows a lot more than I have. I have a 802a package and do not have the DDM or PDM modules. Thanks

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to be missing a lot of modules, is there something that I am missing? Looking at the tutorial and it shows a lot more than I have. I have a 802a package and do not have the DDM or PDM modules. Thanks

Does your adapter have a toggle switch? Forscan will read a bunch of modules and then tell you to switch the toggle to the other side and then read a bunch more modules.

If not, you may want to try a new adapter.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Had the same problem. I had a cheap adapter. Buy the OBDLink MX Bluetooth and it'll go a lot smoother for you.

chattermark

Reaction score
Had the same problem. I had a cheap adapter. Buy the OBDLink MX Bluetooth and it'll go a lot smoother for you.

That is what I have now. I reinstalled FORScan and it gave me more modules. Is BCM the same as BdyCM or am I still missing that one? Thanks

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible through Forscan to have the heated seats or heated steering wheel come back on after restarting the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the address to confirm I think they are unique.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

chattermark

Reaction score
Got the double honk, Lincoln mirrors, heated and cooled seats w/steering wheel. The only mod that I am having trouble with is the DRL. Changed the setting on the dash, but they are not working. Are you guys in automatic on the lights? Thanks.