Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
No luck with the double honk

All of my FORSCAN changes took except the double honk. I put it back to as-built and tried again with no luck. Has anyone else seen this? Just to be clear, we are talking about the double honk that occurs when my wife closes her door after I shut my door and lock the truck. I see in the spreadsheet there are a bunch of 'Mislock horn' entries in the BCM, so it has me second guessing.
Thanks

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of my FORSCAN changes took except the double honk. I put it back to as-built and tried again with no luck. Has anyone else seen this? Just to be clear, we are talking about the double honk that occurs when my wife closes her door after I shut my door and lock the truck. I see in the spreadsheet there are a bunch of 'Mislock horn' entries in the BCM, so it has me second guessing.
Thanks

The "double honk" on the spreadsheet is for disabling the double honk that happens when truck is running but you open door and for example run to the mailbox. The double honk you're referring to is mislock.

Mislock
If any door is open, or if the hood is open on vehicles with an anti-theft alarm or remote start, the horn will sound twice and the direction indicators will not flash.

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
Ah, got it, thank you Livnitup! Your experience and help with FORSCAN is much appreciated. I knew from my 2015 Lariat there was another "double honk" situation, but I couldn't think of it. And in Wisconsin, you tend to leave your truck running a lot in winter so I should have known. Do you have any idea what the difference is between Mislock 1-5? I suppose it would make more sense to keep the doors from unlocking when my wife is slow to close her door rather than disable the mislock honk. At least then I know the truck isn't locked. Any option you know of to keep the doors from auto-unlocking? Thanks again.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, got it, thank you Livnitup! Your experience and help with FORSCAN is much appreciated. I knew from my 2015 Lariat there was another "double honk" situation, but I couldn't think of it. And in Wisconsin, you tend to leave your truck running a lot in winter so I should have known. Do you have any idea what the difference is between Mislock 1-5? I suppose it would make more sense to keep the doors from unlocking when my wife is slow to close her door rather than disable the mislock honk. At least then I know the truck isn't locked. Any option you know of to keep the doors from auto-unlocking? Thanks again.

Mislock 1-5 refers to the # of programmed fobs. Does your wife have a fob in her purse when you get out and lock the doors before she gets out? If so, the following is what's happening:

Smart Unlock (with push button start)
The smart unlock feature prevents the vehicle from electronically locking when a passive key is left inside the vehicle. When the doors are electronically locked while a door is ajar and then closed, the interior of the vehicle is scanned for a passive key. If a valid programmed passive key is detected inside the vehicle, the BCM unlocks the doors and chirps the horn twice

Last edited:

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv, one request - any codes to set default sensors to "perimeter sensors" only instead of "all" when parked? I frequently take my dog with me on quick errands and it's a hassle to remember to change to perimeter only each time we park.

Also, any word on global open/close for all windows including rear and moonroof?

Thanks a lot man.

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv, one request - any codes to set default sensors to "perimeter sensors" only instead of "all" when parked? I frequently take my dog with me on quick errands and it's a hassle to remember to change to perimeter only each time we park.

Also, any word on global open/close for all windows including rear and moonroof?

Thanks a lot man.

Haven't found a way to make it default to perimeter only. There's no way to do rear windows & moonroof; the wiring for it is different on the trucks than the other Ford/Lincoln vehicles that can do it. I looked into this pretty extensively back when global window for the trucks was found.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't found a way to make it default to perimeter only. There's no way to do rear windows & moonroof; the wiring for it is different on the trucks than the other Ford/Lincoln vehicles that can do it. I looked into this pretty extensively back when global window for the trucks was found.

OK thanks for checking man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc