Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to make a change to my 360 birds eye view to engage when I drop to speeds below 5 mph while in the "Drive" mode.

On one of my cars, 2018 Lexus LX570, there is an OEM setting that allows you to set this feature. i believe the idea and intent is, to help view your surroundings when coming to a stop. It is actually very handy, especially in close quarters with highly congested cities, such as SF. You can manually engauge this on our Raptors, and I've noticed this 360 birds eye view does stay on a delayed response once you have shifted from reverse to drive. Because of this, I'm assuming there is a Forscan MOD that will allow us to make this feature engage when in drive and dropping below a designated speed. In my case, I want to set if for 5 mph. I've read through the changes and can not seem to find this, is it available or even achievable?

Response would be appreciated,
Thanks

slowyellow

Reaction score
Hopefully this is friendly to repeat questions. I'm looking to do some sort of DRL mod. I'd like the amber headlight outline, and the three center lights (Marker lights?) to be on all the time with the switch in auto. Then when it gets dark, the low beams automatically kick on with those other lights still on. I'm pretty sure I've seen this done, I just don't understand which line of code to do on the spreadsheet. I've searched for several hours, and haven't seen anything concrete about which line to change to what. The most solid one was from a post back in 2017 on the F150 forum I believe. I took a screenshot of it. I just wanted to see if someone could give me a definitive "Yes, THIS is how you do it" with confidence. Also, are the rear lights going to be on as well if I do this change? Thanks in advance.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is friendly to repeat questions. I'm looking to do some sort of DRL mod. I'd like the amber headlight outline, and the three center lights (Marker lights?) to be on all the time with the switch in auto. Then when it gets dark, the low beams automatically kick on with those other lights still on. I'm pretty sure I've seen this done, I just don't understand which line of code to do on the spreadsheet. I've searched for several hours, and haven't seen anything concrete about which line to change to what. The most solid one was from a post back in 2017 on the F150 forum I believe. I took a screenshot of it. I just wanted to see if someone could give me a definitive "Yes, THIS is how you do it" with confidence. Also, are the rear lights going to be on as well if I do this change? Thanks in advance.
I would spend some time on the link from the first post. Go through everything thoroughly. The first spreadsheet link gives you the addresses and changes for all the common things, and spells this out specifically

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score

i did this exact change you're referring to. In the Forscan spreadsheet, scroll to the right most page titled 'Headlights-draft'. What you're wanting to do is the "DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)". It gives you pictures of what it'll look like but to answer your last question, your LED surround on the tail lights will be illuminated. When it gets dark your low beams will also come on without you having to change the light selector.

This was my favorite change I made with forscan (close second Lincoln mirrors), hope it helps!

slowyellow

Reaction score
I made the change based off of that post that I saw from 2017. It worked. I did look at the spreadsheet and it’s a little different than the code there. Curious what the difference is. The code that I used is:

BCM
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01LF

The code that braaaaptor called out is:

726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01xx

like I said, it worked for me. I don’t want to change anything unless I need to. I’m just curious what the LF does for you in that second line. I’m so happy that I took the plunge with forscan, it’s freaking awesome!

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I hooked up forscan and tried making some changes for the first time. I backed up all the as built files, then went in to the non as built lists and made a few changes that I could find heat/cool seat icons, start/stop disable, no chimes on exit, global window down/up, and a couple changes to the as built files like tire correction for the Nitto 20" tires.
I know the heated/cooled sites icons on the display worked, didnt get a chance to try the others. when I disconnected I had the "wrench" dashlight on. So I went back in, and reloaded all the original as built data and wrote all back to the truck hoping it would go away and I did something wrong. Disconnected again and the wrench is still there.

Not sure if something was done wrong, or what triggered that light, and how I can get rid of it .

The Fordpass notification just says Powertrain or 4WD fault detected.

Also, I didn't see any IPC module in the configuration tab, so wasn't able to find or make any of those changes, any ideas?

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I already answered my first question, I saw that I need to relearn to get rid of the wrench icon. I went back and did the following changes from the regular module lists (not as-built codes).

• heated cooled seats icons (confirmed they show up on the screen)
  • Global Windows open enabled & closed enabled (I tried it on the key once and it didn't work, I'll try again later)
  • BMS Auto Start Stop system disabled (havent driven to confirm)
  • Panic activate - none (not sure if this disables the panic button the remote, but thats what I was going for)
  • Double honk when leaving cabin - disabled (havent tried it, but sure hope it worked, lol)
  • Then in the BCM as-built list, I updated the code for my 20" nitto tires. This is the one that triggered the wrench, and after relearning it went away.

Still not sure where to go to modify the ones labeled as IPC module or ACM module. I would like to do:
  • disabling the 3 "doo-doo-doo's" on start up
  • disabling seat belt minders and door ajar warning
  • engine temp and trans temp above gauges
  • fake engine noise disable

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For reference, here is the connector I'm using, and here are my configuration options available.

I'm in a 2020 raptor. All 6 "as built" modules were backed up. The 3 non as built modules were what I was making changes from

5ea7b1ce8c10c9e5d3a3bff38dce847d.jpg
886624776b9769239f8ff4a2e62a7216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For reference, here is the connector I'm using, and here are my configuration options available.

I'm in a 2020 raptor. All 6 "as built" modules were backed up. The 3 non as built modules were what I was making changes from

5ea7b1ce8c10c9e5d3a3bff38dce847d.jpg
886624776b9769239f8ff4a2e62a7216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been a little while since I did mine but from what I remember seeing and comparing to your picture, you are not showing a bunch of modules in the list, likely why your IPC and ACM are not showing. When you first connect to the truck, do you get a prompt asking you if your adapter has a switch? I had one like yours at first and had trouble with that switch, sometimes it would work, sometimes not, ended up returning it and caving in and getting the one Forscan recommends that is like 4x the cost but has the switch built in/automatic so you dont have to flip it. The adapter with the switch to flip I bought was also backwards from what the documentation said it was which led to some frustration at the begining of the learning process for me as well.