Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
A little scared but I did it...

Well after a few weeks of research, a lot of trepidation and reviewing every page of this forum topic many times, I took the plunge today. I got he USB version (with the switch is highly recommended) of the module online and already had a laptop. I am a "techy" guy but I am also a perfectionist when it comes to my Harley and especially my Raptor. I was nervous I admit.

With that said, I bit the bullet this morning. Anyone venturing out on this project needs to be comfortable with Windows and patient as you owe it to yourself to take your time each and every time. Then and only then will you be successful.

FOLLOW THE SUGGESTIONS of those who have done it and follow the directions step by step. Here's what worked for me...

Made sure I had all my Windows updates
Made sure the battery was fully charged on the laptop
Connected the device and verified the connection
Backed up ALL the original modules whether I was making changes to them or not.
Performed each modification one at a time which included:

DRL Parking Lights
Lincoln Mirrors
Disable Double Honk
Engine Temp and Transmission Temp over the gauge
Seat and steering wheel indicators on home and climate screen
Secure idle
Battery Monitoring System

I am relieved to have it behind me and I've taken another step at making my Raptor a little more mine.

Lastly, many MANY thanks to everyone on this forum for the time, effort and expertise. If I can offer any assistance, I would be glad to do so.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Success!

Un-installed the drivers I had before, and re-downloaded the one for the adapter with the HS/MS-can switch, and was able to connect today. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I did find a few minor DTC's, anything I should be concerned about?

PCM P061A, Internal Control Module Torque Performance
FCJIM u0452 Invalid data received from restraint control module
PSCM U0140 Lost communication with Body Control Module
IPC u0140 Lost communication with body control module.

Once I got the profile downloaded I disconnected, I'll clear these later before I begin to made any mods and see if they return.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Those look familiar and I think I got them too when I was a working with FORSCAN.

doberer

Reaction score
new 2018 raptor owner here (crew cab). just wanted to pass along something I found for the kicker subwoofer install (plug and play kit VGL3Z-18808-A).

I have an 801A...searching around online I found another almost twin Raptor to mine on a dealer lot, except it had a factory installed subwoofer...comparing the as built codes I found only 2 differences between the vehicles - except the VINs...the subwoofer listed below. Which interestingly is different than the Forscan spreadsheet, changing the 4th digit to 8.

Works great and wanted to pass along what I found. appears to change settings on the equalizer and mixing as well.

w/o subwoofer
727-01-01 1801 1A08 006B
727-01-02 0645 7C

with subwoofer
727-01-01 1809 1A08 0073
727-01-02 0A45 80

Last edited:

JacobZ06

Reaction score
Last edited:

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
ForScan Help/Question

I successfully did the following tweaks with ForScan about a week ago:

DRL - Parking Lights only (Love it)
Auto Lincoln Style Mirrors (Love it)
Disable double horn honk (Neighbors love it)
Temp above gauges (Take it or leave it)
Seats and Steering Wheel Icons (Really love it)
Secure Idle (Haven't tested it)
Battery Monitoring System Enable (Not exactly sure what it does)

The last one leads me to my question. Auto Stop/Start has not activated since these changes. I cannot figure out what would be the reason. Not that I'm a huge fan of the feature but I want to be sure I haven't screwed something up by mistake.

I just disabled the battery monitoring system as that is the only thing I've found that may be a contributing factor to the feature working.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to "undo" all my changes.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Disabling BMS did not help.

Update 4/17/2018 - Still looking for any suggestions. I've double checked my FORScan values and all are correct. Auto Stop/Start still not activating. The grey A with the circle comes on when I stop. If I navigate through the menus I find a message that says Auto Stop Start off due to battery charging.

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it "normal" for idle to fluctuate with door opening if you activate secure idle on a 17?

JacobZ06

Reaction score
Last edited: