Forscan adaptor help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug the device, open the Device Manager, and then plug in the device. Does the Device Manager screen flash/update at all? Anything new appear, most likely in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section?, but possibly in any other section? If the screen never flashes, it's not recognizing the device. If it does flash, something is appearing somewhere, and you just need to find it!
Ditto

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Surface Pro and when I plugged in my obdlink and ran Forscan I got the "no ELM found" error as well. When I wiggled the USB cord I could hear the chime saying it recognized it but when I it let go it would immediately chime again and disconnect. Super frustrating, so I ended up pulling the USB cord out a bit, kind of half in/half out. This seemed to do the trick, the obdlink stayed connected and I was able to do all my updates without any issues.