Ford Returns to Baja 1000 with All-New 2017 F-150 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ADD, thanks for the update!! Sounds like a solid run for the Raptor. And no gremlins!!! I love that Greg drove the truck back to AZ after the race. Amazing! Have you heard if Ford/Foutz Motorsports will be putting together a video to document the race? Born in Baja 2? :)

Reaction score
ADD, thanks for the update!! Sounds like a solid run for the Raptor. And no gremlins!!! I love that Greg drove the truck back to AZ after the race. Amazing! Have you heard if Ford/Foutz Motorsports will be putting together a video to document the race? Born in Baja 2? :)

Not sure, I bet Ford will be doing something with the 360 footage, those cameras arent cheap!

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to 8125. They took the start then? But with a. comment like that you should go ahead and get in your flame suit. LOL

Finishing this event is a big deal for sure but beat by a Old ass Hummer and a Toyota is not good for any Ford!

Here's the old ass Toyota that was definitely running to win it. I really don't think Ford had any intention of running this race to win it. All marketing...and I'm okay with that as it showcased the vehicle very nicely.

IMG_4538.jpg

http://www.canguroracing.com/?page_id=497

Last edited:

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the old ass Toyota that was definitely running to win it. I really don't think Ford had any intention of running this race to win it. All marketing...and I'm okay with that as it showcased the vehicle very nicely.

View attachment 81675

The Ride | CANGURO RACING

Yeah, I'm okay with the marketing aspect, too.

Also, I looked at the link you gave to the Toyota and that thing has lots of mods to it! I'm sure the Hummer is similar. Without question, the Gen 2 Raptor was by far the most stock vehicle in that class (probably the most stock vehicle to ever finish the Baja 1000????). :head3:

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 81675

http://www.canguroracing.com/?page_id=497

Sarcasm! I am sure that the Hummer and the Toyota had lots of mods but still fit in the class per the sanctioning body. I think it's great that Ford and Foutz ran in not only the 1000 but all the other races this year in a relatively stiock truck. I raced for many years in the rally series in production class and I always ran to win but I did have to finish first to win.

Let's be real now they need to race to win.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sarcasm! I am sure that the Hummer and the Toyota had lots of mods but still fit in the class per the sanctioning body. I think it's great that Ford and Foutz ran in not only the 1000 but all the other races this year in a relatively stiock truck. I raced for many years in the rally series in production class and I always ran to win but I did have to finish first to win.

Let's be real now they need to race to win.

I sensed you sarcasm but wanted to post the actual truck.

I agree with you. If they are going to run it again, beef it up and race dammit!

This was just a big commercial for Ford.