Ford Returns to Baja 1000 with All-New 2017 F-150 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the Gen 1 actually competed. It doesn't show up on the map at all. I think it saw the course, got scared, and went and hid in the parking lot.

Not sure what happened to 8125. They took the start then? But with a. comment like that you should go ahead and get in your flame suit. LOL

Finishing this event is a big deal for sure but beat by a Old ass Hummer and a Toyota is not good for any Ford!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure they had that on a trailer and it drove home that way.

Edit: Guess he did. Heard they had to put one of the Raptor Gen2 chase trucks on the trailer, wonder what happened there.

Running your mouth without facts again I see. You're a peach.

Reaction score
Buenos dias amigos. Greg will be back to work today or tomorrow, I`ll try to get a good recap from him & share with you guys. Havent spoke to him since the race so I dont want to assume anything yet. If he was pulling other stuck vehicles out, that isnt as uncommon as you would think. Sure Robby Gordon & BJ Baldwin arent pulling people out because they are usually favorites to win the overall. I know there are also sections on the course that are literally 1 lane on the side of a mountain, if someone gets stuck, it stops the whole race until they are moved. At the end of the day, a stock production truck finished 800+ miles on the toughest off-road course in north america. We are looking forward to seeing Greg & getting the full story!

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ADD for any info you can give us about the race! In an earlier post I mentioned that there were 6 competitors in the Stock Full class, but I was incorrect. There were 5. The live tracker program showed Roger England in the Stock Full class as No. 8170, but the results sheets list him as Class 8, No. 817 and DNF. So, some confusion there.

I think finishing a race like this in an essentially stock truck speaks volumes on the trucks build quality, performance ability, and potential reliability (as long as one doesn't do something completely stupid in it). It doesn't seem like there were any(?) issues w/the engine, intercooler (people were asking how all the dust and sand might effect performance of the unit sitting in the front grill), transmission, cooling system, suspension, etc. At least no major issues, otherwise they would not have finished the race. Overall, I'm really impressed and can't wait to get my truck. I'm heading over to the LA Auto Show today to get my first glimpse of the Raptor in SCREW form!

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched some onboard video from a past Baja this weekend and every bump they hit it was like someone tossed a few buckets of sand into the cab. I can't imagine how much would be going into the intercooler.

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Foutz is in the house! He's very happy with the truck, and yes he drove it all the way home to Phoenix. Best part, NO GREMLINS. No overheating, no issues with the truck. They did break a lower rear shock mount when they hit a rock, but were able to re-weld the mount & continue the race. If you guys noticed on the tracker it looked like he wasn't moving for a long period of time. There was a bottle neck on the course where everyone was waiting for people to get unstuck. No other issues until RM 830, they got stuck in the silt & had to wait on another 2017 Raptor chase truck to arrive & pull them out. It was a long weekend of no sleep for the team but well worth it.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched some onboard video from a past Baja this weekend and every bump they hit it was like someone tossed a few buckets of sand into the cab. I can't imagine how much would be going into the intercooler.

Huh, good point, wonder how they address that considering how it's positioned on the grill out front
:hmmm2: