Ford Recommended Repair for Rear suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stalian999

Reaction score
Truck is a 2018 with 82k miles.

I have been getting a clunk in the rear suspension going over a bump or uneven road at very low speeds.

Ford could not specifically diagnose and recommended new leafs, shackles, and bump stops. This was per the “mechanic hotline”, i don’t know what that is.

Third party warranty approved the leafs and bump stops but not the shackles as they look to not be damaged. They also did not approve roughly $500 in fasteners and bolts that were needed per Ford.

Ford does not want to replace leafs without the shackles to address and states all hardware is one time use and cannot be reused?

Thoughts on not doing shackles and is all the hardware to replace truly one time use?
$0 deductible on the warranty.

Thanks

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If the stealership is saying they’re bad, who the F*** at the aftermarket warranty company is saying they’re not needed? That’s not their decision really. Unfortunately, many of us who have had 3rd party warranties over the years have gone down this road before. They’re lowballing you.

read up on your warranty terms, including the fine print. Make sure you have your ducks in a row and then:

You need to call and appeal the decision citing the repair recommendations from the stealership. when they tell you no, go full on Gavin/Karen on them. I use speaker phone for this work along with a charger and then I can easily wait them out all day. They may offer you part of the difference next or nothing at all. persist. You paid all the money for the coverage, now it’s time to pay up.