Ford recalls F-150, Explorer, Expedition for seats may detach in crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The recall is for a lack of seat restraints and covers 483,325 vehicles in the U.S.A and another 58,712 in Canada. Per Ford's announcement, the 2018-2020 F-150, 2019-2020 F-Series Super Duty, 2018-2019 Explorer and 2019-2020 Expedition are affected. Specifically, models with a manual driver or front passenger seatback recliner mechanism may house the defect. The new 2020 Explorer and Lincoln Aviator are also part of this recall, but only models with rear outboard seats that feature manual recliners are included.

The problem? The vehicles might not have a third pawl to produce the required amount of seatback strength. In the event of a crash, a weak seatback may not restrain a passenger properly and increases the risk of injury. Affected models were produced as early as September 2018 and as late as Aug. 2 of this year. Owners will need to take their vehicles to a dealership where a technician will inspect the seatback assemblies, though Ford said they most likely will not need repairs. If a vehicle does, the dealer will install a new seat structure that meets guidelines for strength and integrity at no charge.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...er-fusion-fiesta-expedition-seats/2162650001/

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it looks like 800A and possibly 801A are affected by this. Mine is on the list. Can't wait to take it in and see what the dealer will screw up.

usurper

Reaction score
My 19 SCREW 802a built in November 2018 is not on the list. At least not by entering the VIN into the recall checker provided above.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, this isn’t a recall item, it’s a rare eject option that only a select few have. The option allows you to also not wear a seatbelt so you won’t get tickets. Just tell the officer you have the seat ejection option and you’ll be on your way:)

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, this isn’t a recall item, it’s a rare eject option that only a select few have. The option allows you to also not wear a seatbelt so you won’t get tickets. Just tell the officer you have the seat ejection option and you’ll be on your way:)

Do you happen know if there is a wiring diagram to connect the ejection seat to an upfitter switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my ‘19 802a in for its 6-month checkup yesterday and they said there were no recalls on it.