Ford Raptor suspension/"perch" adjustments in Kansas city

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt S. perch adjustment

Did another perch adjustment this evening.

Attachments

• IMAG0216.jpg
    IMAG0216.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMAG0217.jpg
    IMAG0217.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 119

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nailed it

Just another satisfied customer. Great job Jimmy! Totally recommend WSI for anyone in or even vaguely around Kansas City. Mid-perch is a whole new world. A new fantastic point of view. It's like a magic carpet ride...

-Matt S.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend doing t,he UCA and/or tie rods with the middle or top perch.

Since you are already there would it be a kill two birds with one strong kinda thing?

I understand the ride is much better with the perch along with the UCAs and tie rods?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is one sure way to upgrade your front end. And yes, with those changes, it does make sense to do them all at once ( if you know your going that route).

You might as well get the 3.0s to while your at it...

Joe

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that you rarely see issues on 2010 and 2011 Raptors with perch adjustments. I think the torsen on 2012 on top perch, is what is causing a lot of issues with cv's. Mid perch hardly changes the geometry, and the consensus is that ford did most of there testing on mid perch. I personally don't see a huge benefit in the UCA's and tie rod ends if you don't see a lot of real hard offroad in your Raptor ,or not running an upgraded suspension like the King 3.0s. But with all that being said, if you were ever in the future planning on offroading more aggressively, the time to replace the tie rod ends and UCA's would be while you were doing the perch adjustment.

As far as ride quality, someone else (who had a perch adjusment and drove around for awhile) who upgraded their UCA's and tie rod ends would have to weigh in. I only think in offroad environments will you see a benefit with those applications. In fact I know someone with upgraded tie rods who has had problems with them.

Last edited: