Ford Raptor Rear Diff Locked Enabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amantux

Reaction score
Hi all,

It appears as though my rear differential is locked in place and on, does anyone have any words of wisdom for tricks that could unlock it?

Thanks!

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Where your 4x4 knob is I believe you pull on? It automatically shuts off above 15 mph, should show if it is on with light. Other than that not sure where to look, is the dash light on for ELD?

OP
OP
A

Amantux

Reaction score
So I've pressed it in, but whenever I attempt a turn, the rear wheels spin in sync so I am assuming it is still enabled, despite there being no indicator for on the dash nor switch.

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

Amantux

Reaction score
And if it helps, I've tried turning it off at a standstill, slow creep, roll in neutral but all in 2H mode

I've also tried cycling it while standing in 4H, 4L

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And if it helps, I've tried turning it off at a standstill, slow creep, roll in neutral but all in 2H mode

I've also tried cycling it while standing in 4H, 4L
Does the dash indicator show it on when you purposely turn it on/pull the knob out?

AwestinTX

Reaction score
I had this problem a couple of years ago (on my 2013). The dealer had to replace the switch / knob. My issue was that the rear diff would lock intermittently. For a while it was solved with pressure on the knob but it finally just stayed locked. I don't remember what the cost of the repair was.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say it is a feature. A lot of people pay big money for a locked diff.

Seriously though, I've never heard of this happening. I wouldn't be surprised to find one that wouldn't lock, but full time locked is odd. It is magnetic, so the locking magnet would require power all the time. Disconnecting the wires from the diff should work unless something is physically broken in the diff, is binding up, and won't let it unlock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter