Ford Raptor Rear Diff Locked Enabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Amantux

Reaction score
So the dash indicator turns on/off with the switch, but the locker itself remains engaged?

Yeah! The indicator turns off but the diff remains engaged!

And glad to hear its a feature! Is there a tutorial on how to disconnect the diff wiring? Or can I pull fuse 68 and see if it helps?

Thank you all for the help so far!

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuse should work as well; definitely easier. Cutting power to the magnet should work.

If you do want to look at the diff, I believe it is easy. This is from the service manual. It only has a single step, with no diagram, so it is probably self-explanatory.
upload_2021-1-28_10-57-8.png

OP
OP
A

Amantux

Reaction score
Okay so I pulled the cable, and the diff did not disengage. To test I pulled the right cable, I when I tried to engage it I got a error on the dash over it!

To test if it was engaged, I took it for a quick drive, made a few turns, put it into 4wd High, drove it straight, then dropped it back down again. Every time when I made a turn it would turn the wheels in sync.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay so I pulled the cable, and the diff did not disengage. To test I pulled the right cable, I when I tried to engage it I got a error on the dash over it!

To test if it was engaged, I took it for a quick drive, made a few turns, put it into 4wd High, drove it straight, then dropped it back down again. Every time when I made a turn it would turn the wheels in sync.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Those cables are for the parking brake; they are unrelated to the ELD. The connector you want to remove is a 2-pin harness connector on the side of the differential:

upload_2021-1-31_14-59-44.png

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!
you missed the highlighted part.

OP
OP
A

Amantux

Reaction score
Good news, that cable from the differential housing was what I removed!

What I was wondering is does the diff automatically unlock with no input or does it require a signal to unlock it?

And is there a resistance range that I could check on the solenoid to see if its burned out or not?

Is there any special method to unlock a locked diff I should know about?

Thanks!

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Locker is mechanically bound up , your probably going to have to take it in. Unless you want to pop cover and see what you can see. Better take wide turns your putting axles under tremendous loads . You could snap one at the spline.