Ford Pass app let me add my VIN :o)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a 401 error code when I try to connect to the vehicle. You probably have to put your pass code into the vehicle and pair it to your phone initially. I hit the track vehicle and get the same error code.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once you add the vin to the app you will get a message on the screen of the truck that you have to accept. Until someone hits the accept on the screen of the truck it won't pair up. You won't be able to access any of the truck info or controls until that's done.

After it's paired you'll get a message that it will take 24 - 48 hours before it's active due to security measures confirming ownership. However all of them I have activate for the customers so far have become active within minutes.

Last edited:

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone will accidentally hit it at the rail yard haha

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe someone will accidentally hit it at the rail yard haha

That was my hope. I figured as much as the early build trucks were getting shuffled around maybe one of the drivers would hit it. But I'm sure everyone involved has been given strict orders not to touch that. Last thing Ford would want is the buyer being able to see where there truck is sitting.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a 401 error code when I try to connect to the vehicle. You probably have to put your pass code into the vehicle and pair it to your phone initially. I hit the track vehicle and get the same error code.

Stupid question but did your truck let you sync with it when you picked it up?

I am currently getting the 401 error when trying to activate vehicle and fordpass "help" is being no help at all. Thanks.

HankTheTank

Reaction score
Hahaha no you can't track/unlock/start the truck with just the VIN. You have to hit the activate button from the app, which then makes a message pop up on the truck's SYNC screen (the next time it's started) asking if you want to allow FordPass. Then you have to wait 24 hours and it asks you again. If you say yes twice you can now use FordPass to control your truck.

The commands are received via the trucks built in 3G cellular connection.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have it working already, does anybody else get bogus "Brake light warning" messages in their FordPass app, under messages?

Happens every time I drive the damn truck, and yes, the parking brake is disengaged before putting it into reverse/drive, and there is no brake warning light on in the dash.
The latest update of the app seems to have made these messages less frequent, but still happens.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but did your truck let you sync with it when you picked it up?

I am currently getting the 401 error when trying to activate vehicle and fordpass "help" is being no help at all. Thanks.

Yes, it did sync., but you need to follow prompts on truck then wait 24 hrs

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

For those that have it working already, does anybody else get bogus "Brake light warning" messages in their FordPass app, under messages?

Happens every time I drive the damn truck, and yes, the parking brake is disengaged before putting it into reverse/drive, and there is no brake warning light on in the dash.
The latest update of the app seems to have made these messages less frequent, but still happens.

Yes, I hate that BS. Ford thinks we all need to put it in park before parking brake is engaged. When I'm on a hill I want to put the darn brake in first!! Sometimes I wonder who engineers and sets this shit up. Must be dummies

Last edited:

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got only one on Feb 9th I normally do not use my parking brake but did something to caused it. Sorry but will try to use it some and see if I get a message.