Ford Pass app let me add my VIN :o)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing exciting to do right now, but it confirmed it as a valid VIN. It shows it as a regular F150 right now though.
700c52a8d36d0db7bdb97a40a74bc1c7.png
d13d6119ef3ac81f76380ea8752c667a.png

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked for my VIN also, is this the same app that will let us track and remote start/lock etc?

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Same app. I'm wondering if it'll let me track it on its way to the dealer. :)

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let me ask, does this APP require anything more than the vehicle VIN to allow access to door locks, remote start, etc. ? Given that the VIN of the vehicle is easily seen from the outside of the vehicle (if you're tall enough), what's to stop some yahoo from simply walking around and driving off with any number of vehicles per day ?

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what leads me to believe there'll be more required. No company in their right mind would have an add process like that.

Even so, something satisfying about having added it already. :)

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the new f150's have a cell phone present. They could use wifi if it was close enough, but fail to see how this will work. I must be missing something!

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The elusive jen2 Raptor Pokémon?

Bring it to the poke gym and rumble -

Last edited:

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what leads me to believe there'll be more required. No company in their right mind would have an add process like that.

Even so, something satisfying about having added it already. :)

Once you download the FordPass app to your phone you need to set up an account. Once you set up the account it sends an activation message to your vehicle. Once you click the to accept that on the vehicle screen it takes around 24 hours for some sort of security confirmation before the system is active.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you download the FordPass app to your phone you need to set up an account. Once you set up the account it sends an activation message to your vehicle. Once you click the to accept that on the vehicle screen it takes around 24 hours for some sort of security confirmation before the system is active.

Also, aren't vehicles put into a shipment/transit mode? I think that disables pretty much everything to prolong battery life.