Ford Gen3 Raptor and it's future- R's in greater #'s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
battery-swapping stations,but we need collective batteries..............

still believe hydrogen is the future,too much $$$ to make now.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a former Gen 1 owner who skipped Gen 2, then decided on a TRX over Gen 3.

If the Raptor R is a superior product to the TRX, I will happily switch back to Ford.

I suspect many people out there are like me - the best truck earns the business.
Other than a stright line street dra race the Gen 2 Raptor is still the best truck on the road...period...so not really a valid argument. Going for HP and sound is fine but that doesn't make it a better truck by a very long shot. The TRX is untested where the Gen 2 Raptor is Baja proven and it shows in every single category except street drags which is not at all the point of the truck.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than a stright line street dra race the Gen 2 Raptor is still the best truck on the road...period...so not really a valid argument. Going for HP and sound is fine but that doesn't make it a better truck by a very long shot. The TRX is untested where the Gen 2 Raptor is Baja proven and it shows in every single category except street drags which is not at all the point of the truck.
To be fair, I get into more drag races at red lights with my Raptor then I would ever come close to testing its limits off road, which I have yet to even take off road (mainly due to lack of time and location) so that’s why I want as much HP as reliably possible.
I love my stage 2 tuned roughly 550hp, but 700+ HP would be welcomed with open arms.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I get into more drag races at red lights with my Raptor then I would ever come close to testing its limits off road, which I have yet to even take off road (mainly due to lack of time and location) so that’s why I want as much HP as reliably possible.
I love my stage 2 tuned roughly 550hp, but 700+ HP would be welcomed with open arms.
Then it sounds like a shelby or Roush F150 fits your bill more than a raptor.

DyLivn

Reaction score

Just curious, have you driven a TRX, to make the claim that the Gen 2 is the best truck on the road? For a "road" truck that is going to be really hard to back up the claim. For off-road use has there been enough real world testing to know which is better? Seems a bit of a moot point anyway since the Raptor R is the true competitor to the TRX.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious, have you driven a TRX, to make the claim that the Gen 2 is the best truck on the road? For a "road" truck that is going to be really hard to back up the claim. For off-road use has there been enough real world testing to know which is better? Seems a bit of a moot point anyway since the Raptor R is the true competitor to the TRX.
What is the Raptor R? Oh that verbal announcement Ford made a while back? @CoronaRaptor did you hear anything otherwise? Officially? Gen 3 is going to be the current match up.

I’ve watched releases for the EV trucks too. Haven’t seen one make to the wild to purchase yet.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the Raptor R? Oh that verbal announcement Ford made a while back? @CoronaRaptor did you hear anything otherwise? Officially? Gen 3 is going to be the current match up.

I’ve watched releases for the EV trucks too. Haven’t seen one make to the wild to purchase yet.
Bro, I haven't heard BOO from Ford about the Raptor R in months, the regular Gen 3 Raptor will do just fine up against the TRX in an offroad atmosphere, hell- if you want a drag race on pavement I will race my mustang against the TRX just for giggles. I don't get why TRX loyalist are slamming the HP of the Gen 3, they aren't for the street, except to drive comfortably thru the Starbucks to get your latte, lets see a comparison of the latte in the cup holder of each vehicle offroad and see who has a bigger mess to clean up.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
battery-swapping stations,but we need collective batteries..............

still believe hydrogen is the future,too much $$$ to make now.

From the article: As battery technology improves and the charging infrastructure grows, being able to swap out a battery in the United States seems less likely to happen or even be needed.