Ford for sale??? The Apple Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Ford is a prime candidate for a buyout. They are carrying way too much debt. They really screwed themselves in the late 80's and early 90's when they were on a buying spree. Jaguar, Range Rover, Aston Martin, Volvo, etc.

D

Deleted member 17706

Martha Ford has Ford, her own paternal grandparents started Firestone tires, and she has the Detroit Lions. Yes, Firestone was bought out by Bridgestone, but I imagine the Ford family still gets a royalty check. Either way, not many families can say they have ran 3 different billion dollar companies.

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is a prime candidate for takeover because of their valuation; their stock is cheap, especially when compared to Tesla. But, I don't see Ford and Apple being a good fit, and Ford just signed a contract with Alphabet (Google) to get Android into their vehicles starting 2023. Ford has massive potential, and they're better off making strategic partnerships (i.e. Alphabet (Google) and Rivian). I think there is huge upside to their stock if they focus on technology / EV and getting back to profitability. So, in addition to a new Raptor, go buy Ford stock! ;)

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see it happening. The Ford family still very active within the company. I highly doubt they would agree to a buyout. A lot of great products coming for Ford as well (i.e. F-150, Raptor, Bronco, Mach-E, electric F-150, etc.). Ford is about to get really really HOT! If they can get the vehicles to market in a somewhat timely manner that is.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope not. I like Apple, but they don’t have any business in the Auto industry. Anything they would design would be thin, and have a small battery.