Ford Exec Announces 2011 is Final Year for Raptor!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't the Raptor started the production-based pure off-road vehicle the Rubicon has been out for a while. I think the Raptor raised the bar to the point where people started to notice. Rubicons and Power Wagons to those that don't know just kind of blend with the other Jeeps and Rams.

I wouldn't call the Raptor, Rubicon, or Power Wagon a "production-based pure off road vehicle". The Toyota FJ Cruiser (and the legacy FJ's) are also very capable off road as are dozens of "production" vehicles that have been produced over the years. (Heck, my old 1973 Saab 99 with its flat floor, long travel suspension, and high ground clearance did a damn good job getting me across some pretty rough trails.)

But Rubicons and Power Wagons are primarily designed for "crawling" across rough terrain. Crawling is something the Raptor can do a bit of, but a Raptor would not be my first choice...

In my opinion, the Raptor started a class of its own. It is the first "higher speed capable" off road production vehicle... oh, a Rubicon or Power Wagon will get you down the same trails but not in the same comfort or at the same speed the Raptor is capable of. And that is definitely a first.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark, well stated, I agree. The Raptor is the FIRST of ITS kind, and thus as the other follow, Ford will keep tweaking it to stay ahead of the pack, and keep buiilding it for as long as their is interest. Just as it did with the Mustang line, forcing Chevy to bring its car out of retirement, the Raptor is here to stay.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While the Raptor and the Jeeps (Rubicon and non-Rubis) are four wheel drive off-road trucks from the factories, they are, as Mark mentioned and most here know, are quite different beasts.

And the Rubicons and Raptors continue to be the most capable all-around box stock vehicles of their type/class.