Foggy cameras?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hearsey

my other ride is a hearse
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I just purchased a 2018 Raptor and I have a question about the cameras. Today was rainy with a mid-50s temp, and all cameras were foggy and pretty much useless. I understand these things happen, but does anyone use an anti-fog or RainX-type product on their cameras or have any other tricks to help the lenses from fogging? Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Usually this is the time when someone gives you cr@p about not posting pics but your profile pic has a Rap in it, so, WTH.
#OneLessprius

I just clean and wax at the same time I do the whole truck. They’re both pretty worthless in the rain, but I can’t say fog has been a concern. I’d get them good and clean dry with a decent microfiber cloth and some decent wax will do just fine.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use rain x on all my windows, mirrors, headlights, tail lights and my rear camera lens, makes cleaning them with the washer at the gas station a breeze in shi tty weather. And helps with water spotting in the summer. Just do it. Oh and welcome to the place and post a bigger picture.

OP
OP
hearsey

hearsey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our weather has been subpar for sure lately, and my dad was a big RainX fan (my dad put that on every glass surface he could reach) so your advice inspires me to make it happen so it makes the cameras work much better. Also, Canada is awesome!

OP
OP
hearsey

hearsey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Usually this is the time when someone gives you cr@p about not posting pics but your profile pic has a Rap in it, so, WTH.
#OneLessprius

I just clean and wax at the same time I do the whole truck. They’re both pretty worthless in the rain, but I can’t say fog has been a concern. I’d get them good and clean dry with a decent microfiber cloth and some decent wax will do just fine.
Thank you, @smurfslayer! I put a pic of my Rap and my Hearse in the profile, I tried to cover all the bases! I am the worst backer-upper ever so I rely on those back up cameras! :)

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Thank you, @smurfslayer! I put a pic of my Rap and my Hearse in the profile, I tried to cover all the bases! I am the worst backer-upper ever so I rely on those back up cameras! :)

My Lincoln doesn’t have the 360 camera the Rap has, and over a year into owning it and I still park the Raptor better.

I’m with you on the backup cameras.

OP
OP
hearsey

hearsey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 360 and the front cameras are amazing. It does take some getting used to. I drove a Sprinter RV for about a month across the mid-west in the summer of 2021, and between that and driving (and parking!) my sweet hearse, I have adapted to driving a 21 foot + vehicle. It can be a challenge for sure, and I've run over quite a few lawn gnomes and ornaments and such, but I am hopeful that I've got this!

OP
OP
hearsey

hearsey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admittedly, I *might* have *unintentionally* murdered one or more lawn gnomes. I'm not proud of it, but I will accept full responsibility for my actions. It's not easy driving a big bad mother trucker!

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Admittedly, I *might* have *unintentionally* murdered one or more lawn gnomes. I'm not proud of it, but I will accept full responsibility for my actions. It's not easy driving a big bad mother trucker!

you must have the kinder, gentler garden gnomes.

il_1588xN.3228386219_8el0.jpg

Gnome lives matter.