Fog Light Replacement Tutorial (Baja Designs)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's the purpose of the factory lights? Both my lights shine straight to the ground about 5 feet in front of the truck. Ford junk.

So Ford can sell you a "Rigid" fog kit for double what the aftermarket would cost ;)

The factory ones are rigid man….. blame rigid if anything, not ford.

Jokes aside, don't blame Rigid, blame Ford. The Rigid that come on the Raptors are not a true Rigid SR-M light. They're a different version made specifically for Ford and they are detuned. I'm sure this was done for 50-state legality purposes, but they are detuned. If you were to purchase real Rigid SR-M lights and put them in the same place, you'll need a conversion harness for the OEM plus, but the real Rigid are brighter. That said, the Baja Designs S2 Pros are still a better option.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that’s a bummer to hear…. I assumed they were an off the shelf light, other wise ford could have designed their own in house. But I guess they wanted the rigid name to go with the lights

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory lights can be adjusted until you install something else.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So Ford can sell you a "Rigid" fog kit for double what the aftermarket would cost ;)

Jokes aside, don't blame Rigid, blame Ford. The Rigid that come on the Raptors are not a true Rigid SR-M light. They're a different version made specifically for Ford and they are detuned. I'm sure this was done for 50-state legality purposes, but they are detuned. If you were to purchase real Rigid SR-M lights and put them in the same place, you'll need a conversion harness for the OEM plus, but the real Rigid are brighter. That said, the Baja Designs S2 Pros are still a better option.
I was just coming to say this same thing, so thank you for clearing that up for everyone questioning Rigid for Ford's spec's on those lights, Nick.
It has become one of the most commonly questioned subjects I seem to get almost daily, so I'm glad it's getting cleared up in here.

The Ford OEM version of those lights have proven to be utterly useless and is the reason we sell so many of the OEM Upgrade Kits and Triple Fog Kits with our OEM trade-in offer.

Even still, we can't hardly keep the OEM Take-Off Kits in stock because those who got Raptors without any fogs in their trucks still want something OEM down there.
This is what always keeps it interesting for me because there is no one-size-fits-all option for vehicle lighting.
There really is an option for everyone, I suppose. :)

-Sidney @ SPV Parts

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great video, thanks! Definitely going to be getting a set of these. Do they only come with 2x amber and 2x white? I'd prefer 4x amber
We can customize the kit for you to be whatever combination of lights you would like to have.

Here's a link to the kit in his video:

Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer for you. I am happy to help in any way possible.
Thanks!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can customize the kit for you to be whatever combination of lights you would like to have.

Here's a link to the kit in his video:

Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer for you. I am happy to help in any way possible.
Thanks!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

Awesome, thanks Sidney! I take delivery Monday, will be in touch in the coming weeks.