OEM fog lights and adjustment, much better now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light output of the factory fogs is not great. I am going to upgrade eventually... most likely to SR-M pro driving and driving diffused, plus a 10" bar in the lower grille.
That said, I did adjust each light up quite a bit. They are pointed at the ground from the factory and only light up a bright strip about 6-8 feet in front of the truck.

It is pretty easy. Takes a philips screwdriver. There is a slot at the bottom of each housing behind the bumper. If you are laying on your back looking up, turn clockwise to raise them
Sooooo much better now. I put the inner lights that are on Switch 1 a little higher than the outer ones. They actually project a decent distance, and are not even close to being an issue with glare for other vehicles.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The light output of the factory fogs is not great. I am going to upgrade eventually... most likely to SR-M pro driving and driving diffused, plus a 10" bar in the lower grille.
That said, I did adjust each light up quite a bit. They are pointed at the ground from the factory and only light up a bright strip about 6-8 feet in front of the truck.

It is pretty easy. Takes a philips screwdriver. There is a slot at the bottom of each housing behind the bumper. If you are laying on your back looking up, turn clockwise to raise them
Sooooo much better now. I put the inner lights that are on Switch 1 a little higher than the outer ones. They actually project a decent distance, and are not even close to being an issue with glare for other vehicles.

Right on. I'll give it a shot until I decide on a bumper.

Whenever y'all are ready to upgrade, don't hesitate to reach out! We have a ton of lighting options as well as bumper options. We do our best to find awesome prices for our forum members.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whenever y'all are ready to upgrade, don't hesitate to reach out! We have a ton of lighting options as well as bumper options. We do our best to find awesome prices for our forum members.
When you say bumper options, you mean replacement bumper. I want to mount lights on Gen3 bumper but without drilling holes I understand there is no options as yet. True?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say bumper options, you mean replacement bumper. I want to mount lights on Gen3 bumper but without drilling holes I understand there is no options as yet. True?
The bumper part of my comment was for @GoldBeach who said they were trying to decide on a bumper. As for your stock bumper, we are working on (and are very close to finishing) our triple bezel fog kit for the Gen3 that will directly replace your OEM fog kit with no drilling at all.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get an adaptor to replace the factory fog lights with Rigid Pro, Baja S2, or Diode Dynamics. Plus there are options out there to add a bracket to mount larger cubes. Several vendors on the forum have these products. I bought the adaptors from Specialty Performance.... still need to get the lights.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ty but I’m not talking about replacing the fog lights. I’m talking about mounting LP4 or LP6 on the bumper without drilling.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ty. Not sure if there’s a difference but you have pic of Gen2 and I’m speaking of Gen3.