Fluid Changes---Anti Freeze, Tranny, Diff ETC...

Do You Change Fluids Sooner Than The Manual Requires?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that know me or have read many of my posts know that the changing of fluids on my vehicles is something that I do sooner than what the Manufacturer recommends. That being said, wonder how many others do the same thing?

While the truck was in the shop getting a new moon roof had the radiator power flushed and filled at 48k. Mine is a 2011.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only change mine if I am running hard as it sets now I have very few hard miles on the truck. I did install the larger T pan and changed the T oil thats all...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did everything at both 15k and 30k.
Including power steering which isn't listed in the poll

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I USE to change my oil every 3K no matter what. It wasn't until I added AMSOIL to my business product offerings that I began to utilize used oil analysis to determine when I change it. Since I began paying attention to my results and the results of others, I noticed a nice trend. Whether it is AMSOIL, Champion, Royal Purple or others; there are quite a few technically superior engine oils out there today that can go much longer than expected in most cases.

I found that the key things to remember are, if you are not going to utilize used oil analysis, change your oil often and you will have a happy engine. There ARE advantages to extending intervals, but it isn't for everyone. But, changing the fluids more often than most OEM owner's manuals say is VITAL in some cases. Most user manuals do not account for changing power steering fluid, brake fluid, gear lube and the like often at all and this is detrimental to the life of hard parts. Your fluids are the life blood of your vehicle. Maintain them properly and the vehicle cost of ownership will actually wind up being less than if you ignore them.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to be a stickler for changing my oil on our vehicles at 3k but have become more relaxed about it since switching to Synthetic oil years ago. I don't have any set mileage but I generally change it around 4,000-5,000 miles. As for the rest, I generally change them all out every 2-3 years.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:facepalm::idiot::dogpile: I forgot that one--my bad!!

It's ok, I've been slacking on my brake fluid. Plan on doing it along with some component upgrades in the next month or so. Got some steep trails to hit this year.