Florida ravelco or other anti theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocRR

Reaction score
I had a 2022 TRX stolen earlier this year on a road trip to Dallas. It did not have any theft deterrent installed.. lesson learned. I had the compustar / IGLA installed on my 23’ Raptor a few months ago. I love it and would highly recommend.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2022 TRX stolen earlier this year on a road trip to Dallas. It did not have any theft deterrent installed.. lesson learned. I had the compustar / IGLA installed on my 23’ Raptor a few months ago. I love it and would highly recommend.
Nice. I wish I could also but not available on the 24s. Went ravelco over nothing at all.

Seven Twenty

Reaction score
How are these trucks primarily being stolen? Mostly via key cloning? Followed by towing? The European luxury brands don't seem to be as afflicted, does Ford use the same key and theft deterrent?

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are these trucks primarily being stolen? Mostly via key cloning? Followed by towing? The European luxury brands don't seem to be as afflicted, does Ford use the same key and theft deterrent?
I haven’t been able to really find much info. There was a whole bunch of em stolen right out of the holding lots in Michigan by key cloning. About a dozen or so gone.

I had an experience before I bought the one I currently have that left me uneasy. About a month ago I purchased a 23 R with 1k miles in great shape. Price seemed reasonable all considered and jumped at it. When I got home I realized that not only did someone AirTag the car, but that one of my keys was not working. Obviously someone at the dealership was involved, had a key of mine annd knew my location; and so after speaking with police I had the car returned before it got stolen that evening.

After that I was back in the hunt and found a new 24 farther away. Needless to say I was on edge from the second I got home and immediately wanted some device to help with any issues I may have.

So that’s my story.