Previous Subaru STI owner checking in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome so far everyone. I have a good new guy question. Searched around a little but didn't find a really good answer.

Has anyone had experience remove the bedside graphics after they have been on for 4-5 years? Mine has the dark blue and I'm liking the clean look of other Tux Blacks that don't have graphics.

My concern is the paint will noticeably different being protected by the vinyl for 5 years and I would have to polish and detail the whole truck to get it to match again.

Didn't know if anyone had experience removing them after such a long time.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. After 5 years there definatly will be a different color under the vinyl. Maybe someone with more expertise can chime in on wether a clay bar and cut polish can even up your trucks finish. Hopefully you'll achieve the results you want.

brash_svt

Reaction score
Welcome! - my old man just got into a 16 STI limited. Fun little car tell you what.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

As for the graphics removal I would give a call to adamspolishes, see what they recommend.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm scheduling a window tint for the fronts with a good local shop that also does vinyl wraps and detailing. Will have them take a look at the graphics and see what they think about removal and paint correction.

May PM a few vendors in the detailing forum and get their thoughts too.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! - my old man just got into a 16 STI limited. Fun little car tell you what.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

As for the graphics removal I would give a call to adamspolishes, see what they recommend.

And a welcome to you also brash_svt.

OP
OP
jschell1309

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The new body style are really nice. Interior is miles better than my GR. Unfortunately they are still using the same old EJ257 that has had the same issues since 2007. Hopefully he never has any problems.

nice!, i almost bought a sti before i bought my raptor

I liked the STI for what it was. It was a damn good handling track and autocross car. Decent in winter too. Just wasn't very reliable. After driving the Raptor for a week I will never go back.